Cowboys RB Anthony Thomas cut - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cowboys RB Anthony Thomas cut

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:50 pm

In Dallas with a better line ATrain couldn't beat out an unproven rookie and a undrafted rookie for backup role. He's the 4th stringer on the cowboys which is why they cut him. ATrain doesn't have the talent people are suggesting. and if you're hoping he goes to the packers so you can win a championship your team is in trouble. Green, a far superior back had trouble in that offence this year. ATrain will suck. He's useful as a short yardage goaline back...and thats about it.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby benm3218 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:58 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:In Dallas with a better line ATrain couldn't beat out an unproven rookie and a undrafted rookie for backup role. He's the 4th stringer on the cowboys which is why they cut him. ATrain doesn't have the talent people are suggesting. and if you're hoping he goes to the packers so you can win a championship your team is in trouble. Green, a far superior back had trouble in that offence this year. ATrain will suck. He's useful as a short yardage goaline back...and thats about it.

The voice of logic.

He is right people.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Goatwhacker » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:35 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote: ATrain doesn't have the talent people are suggesting. and if you're hoping he goes to the Packers so you can win a championship your team is in trouble.

I don't think anybody is saying that. The Pack isn't going to win a championship this year even if LT is running for them.

TheRawDAWG wrote:Green, a far superior back had trouble in that offence this year. ATrain will suck. He's useful as a short yardage goaline back...and thats about it.

Green was not far superior this year, he was banged up most of the year and Davenpoop had some success running until he got hurt. I wathced ATrain in CHI the past few years and the guy can play, at least he could before. Maybe he has lost all his skills in Dallas, I don't know, but I'd like to see him get another shot.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moonhead » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:51 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:In Dallas with a better line ATrain couldn't beat out an unproven rookie and a undrafted rookie for backup role. He's the 4th stringer on the cowboys which is why they cut him. ATrain doesn't have the talent people are suggesting. and if you're hoping he goes to the packers so you can win a championship your team is in trouble. Green, a far superior back had trouble in that offence this year. ATrain will suck. He's useful as a short yardage goaline back...and thats about it.

I'm 8-0, but you can never have too many #1 rbs.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:54 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote: ATrain doesn't have the talent people are suggesting. and if you're hoping he goes to the Packers so you can win a championship your team is in trouble.

I don't think anybody is saying that. The Pack isn't going to win a championship this year even if LT is running for them.

TheRawDAWG wrote:Green, a far superior back had trouble in that offence this year. ATrain will suck. He's useful as a short yardage goaline back...and thats about it.

Green was not far superior this year, he was banged up most of the year and Davenpoop had some success running until he got hurt. I wathced ATrain in CHI the past few years and the guy can play, at least he could before. Maybe he has lost all his skills in Dallas, I don't know, but I'd like to see him get another shot.

I didn't say the packers would win. And said if people are waiting for him to go to the packers to have there teams (fantasy teams) win then there teams are already in trouble.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:56 pm

The Packers or Cardinals would be a perfect fit for the A-train, IMO
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:43 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
I didn't say the packers would win. And said if people are waiting for him to go to the packers to have there teams (fantasy teams) win then there teams are already in trouble.

Sorry, I misunderstood you.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:31 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:

Sorry, I misunderstood you.

It's all good!! ;-D
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk