Power Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Power Rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Power Rankings

Postby s0meguy » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:05 pm

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings

Bucs fall hard after losing to SF. Giants at #4? Packers at 32 hurts...hopefully we take advantage of the draft spot and Sherman gets fired.
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jh2031 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:09 pm

ATL at #2? I don't know about that.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby ActiOnJunkie76 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:16 pm

NFL. com has better power rankings, they have Den. at number 2 and ATL. at 7, and I think they have NYG at 5
Record 8-2-0 PF 960 12 Team Leauge
basic scoring
1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 DST

QB Brees/E.Manning*
RB EDGE*
RB R.Brown*/M.Barber/G.Jones/C.taylor
WR T.Holt*
WR R.Moss*/Engram/R.Brown
TE J.WItten*
K N.Reckers*
DST Bears*
ActiOnJunkie76
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby PackerAttack84 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:37 am

I really don't know about the Packers being #32, I truely believe that we are better then both the 49ers and the Texans. We have played almost ever team very close, right down to the final snap.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:13 am

I think the Roughriders could take the Pack at this point.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:12 pm

PackerAttack84 wrote:I really don't know about the Packers being #32, I truely believe that we are better then both the 49ers and the Texans. We have played almost ever team very close, right down to the final snap.

The Packers are tough, gritty and determined, but if I had to guess why they're ranked at the bottom I'd say it's because half your team is in the infirmary. Healthy they're a top-half team easily. With this many key injuries all you've really got left is an undermanned D that's really trying hard and a finally aging Brett Favre.

Don't take it personal. You'll be back next year.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby umphrey » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:23 pm

At this point I'm hoping they tank the season and get a high draft pick to get Bush to replace Ahman next near. Hopefully Sherman gets fired too.
umphrey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:18 pm

If Packer's draft anything but an O-lineman next year I would be surprised. Unless of course they decide that Rogers is not the answer and they want to draft Leinhart.

P.S. - Brett ain't coming back
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby umphrey » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:22 pm

Their only glaring O line holes are at both guard positions and I'd be shocked if they spent a top 5 pick on a guard. It looks like they won't re sign Ahman next year and it would be a good idea for them to start getting building blocks. Aaron Rodgers and Reggie Bush would be a great basis for the future.
umphrey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:51 pm

umphrey wrote:Their only glaring O line holes are at both guard positions and I'd be shocked if they spent a top 5 pick on a guard. It looks like they won't re sign Ahman next year and it would be a good idea for them to start getting building blocks. Aaron Rodgers and Reggie Bush would be a great basis for the future.

I agree that their only glaring holes are at the G spots - but that sentiment really doesnt tell the whole story. The only true talent they have is at LT in Clifton. The rest of the guys are average linemen at best - none of them are that good. Even Flanangan is clearly on the downslope of his career and will need to be replaced soon.

Unless GB gets the #1 pick (which they wont - GB still has 2-3 wins in them this yr), they wont be able to land Bush - and with that said - why not try and land Ferguson to play RT? Some of the best top 10 draft picks over the last decade have been Olinemen: Robert Gallery, Mike Williams, Kyle Turley, John Tait, Orlando Pace, Walter Jones.

Besides, Ts become Gs and learn new positions pretty regularly (Klemm) - Wouldnt it be wise to get as much talent on your Oline as possible considering thats the weakest/least talented part of your team? I can also see GB going after a Dlinemen - either DT or DE with their early pick. Point is - I would be amazed if GB ended up w Reggie Bush in 2006.

Also - Kensat - you are wrong about Favre - he'll return next yr - watch.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk