Fed up with Denvers running attack! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fed up with Denvers running attack!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fed up with Denvers running attack!

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:12 pm

Denver has been running the ball great with Bell and Anderson, but it looks like they will split carries for the rest of the season.
That is great for the Broncos, bad for fantasy owners like myself.

I am trading away Taco Bell for a high draft pick because I cant start him not knowing if he is gonna get 5 or 20 touches. Even if Bell was the starter, I dont think he would be ripping off those long runs all the time. Anderson is doing a great job breaking down the defense leaving them open for a big play via the Taco Bell drive thru!

Figuring out these guys stat lines is like solving a rubix cube!

There is no real point to this post, Im just need to release some frustration caused by Mike Shana-ham.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DrSpackle » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:17 pm

Someone on here posted stats on TBell home v away. He does much better at home. As a TBell owner I will hang on to him and spot start him at home. I started him last week in place of SA and was nicely rewarded. ;-D
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby logan » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:34 pm

i traded away anderson after last week for just this reason. it was just to frustrating for me. i hate rbbc's and tend to stay out of them if at all possible.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby foulballstrike3 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:32 pm

Since Denver always plays at 4 PM EDT, I watch them almost all the time. I own Anderson in one league as a backup, and he is the back of choice without a doubt. This isn't a 50/50 RBBC like people like to think.

Take last week for instance, Anderson was absolutely punishing the Eagles D. Every run, he was pounding the line, eating up yards and wearing down the defense. THEN, Tatum Bell comes into the game. Whichever Eagles DB it was, took an absolutely ridiculous angle at him when he came around the corner and Bell busted it. TD #1. Then on the final drive, Mike Anderson ran for about 3 first downs, chewed up the clock, was replaced after about 10 straight running plays and Tatum Bell comes in. He gets one first down, then the Broncos not needing to kick a FG run it on 4th and 3 from about the 6 or 7, Bell scores. TD #2. Hence, Anderson is the man that they're gonna use early and often. People think, OH MY, Tatum Bell is such a change of pace back that defenses aren't ready for his speed after getting used to anderson. HAHAHAHA, what a joke!!!!!!!! Anderson wears em down, it's just like a stud RB, they get better in the 4th quarter because they tire the defense out. If you can control the clock and the game like you can w/ Anderson, the defense is on the field too long.

SO PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will everyone stop thinking and saying that Tatum Bell is just as valuable as Anderson.
foulballstrike3
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Atog » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:54 pm

all these people complaining about Denver's crazy running game must have not watched any football last year ;-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Rick James » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:07 pm

why is everyone always complaining about these guys? In my league Anderson is the 12th highest scroing RB and Bell is 13th.

who cares if it's a split/cmte or whatever. They have both been producing. Personally, I'd prefer anderson as he gets more carries.
Rick James
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:07 pm

I own both in one league, so I plug them both in, one in my flex spot, and it is doing me wonders. hehehe at the other AAFFKL members.

anyways, they arte nearly guarantted for at least 150/1 every game, most likely much more, so it is great security for me to start both.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby houstonoilers » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:32 pm

LMAO!!! Little pissed huh Footbalstrike? Anderson is a bruiser and Tatum is a quick hitter, bottom line. The thing I really like about Bell is he can break a game open and change the momentum at anytime. Anderson deserves respect and I think he gets it but until he screws up or gets injured, either one for that matter, nothing is going to change. I am just wondering why Pitsburgh doesnt pound it with Bettis and then let FWP rack up long runs when the defense is tired, if YOUR philosophy is correct, this would work. Bell can break runs and look great at any part of the game and the more touches he gets the better the chances he breaks one off. Anyone would look good with this line, its not Anderson that gets credit for Bells runs its the line.
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Vixtor » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:11 pm

Anderson is startable on a near weekly basis, but probably not Tatum Bell. It's not that much of a mess. Anderson will get about 15-20 carries and Bell gets about 10-15. What's so difficult?
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby houstonoilers » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:18 pm

Heck they play
Jets
Buff
Oak twice

I would keep him
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig