Leftwich for the second half of season? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Leftwich for the second half of season?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Leftwich for the second half of season?

Postby woodson_28 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:19 am

I have palmer and I've been dominating my league, but I have a feeling that it may be time to split ways with Palmer. The playoffs in my league are 14, 15, 16 in which Palmer plays CLE, DET, BUF. That's not bad, but it's not great either. Not to mention that Palmer's next 5 games are: BAL, bye, IND, BAL, PIT. That's a really tough schedule.

My thoughts are that Leftwich will be the QB of the second half of the season, here's why. Lefwich's next 8 games are as follows: HOU, BAL, TEN, ARI, CLE, IND, SFO, HOU. Apart from BAL and IND (1st round of playoffs), Leftwich has the best schedule for all QB's.

What do ya'll think? Trade Palmer for Leftwich or just hold onto Palmer.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:35 am

i wouldn't trade palmer for lefty. i'd try to get lefty, as I already have in a few of my leagues. but don't give up palmer. no way no how.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:40 am

Why not get Leftwich's backup off the WW? He has the same schedule as Leftwich.

Seriously, you have to look at talent levels here and not just schedule. Didn't Palmer throw for 382 and 3 against Bal last year? I would stick with Palmer. No need to try to get cute with matchups. Stick with the best players.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:44 am

I wouldn't drop my regular quarterback for Leftwich, but I'd acquire him for injury insurance. Leftwich's fantasy playoffs schedule is too good to ignore - at home versus San Francisco in week 15, and at Houston in week 16.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:49 pm

Have you seen Rudi Johnson's TD totals this year? That alone right there should tell you to hang onto Palmer for the rest of the season.

Cincy has one of the best offenses in the NFL. And in addition to that, they have one of the highest passing TD to rushing TD ratios in the league... In fact isn't Carson Palmer leading the league in TDs right now? The guy looks great.

Maybe early in the season you could say that Rudi will get his eventually and Palmer will come back to Earth, but at this point I think it's becoming pretty clear that Rudi will finish with less than 10 TDs on the season. Cincy is kind of like 2004 Indy, they have so much confidence in their QB (almost too much confidence), that they utilize a pass heavy offense even in goalline situations. Chris Perry, the 3rd down RB, has just as many touchdowns as Rudi!

Rudi Johnson = 2 touchdowns HALFWAY into the schedule.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby jayday » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:52 pm

palmer for leftwich straight up? haha yea right....

now if you could possibly get a wr2 from the lefty owner as well i'd consider it....thats IF you are thin at wr...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby umphrey » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:56 pm

If you can upgrade elsewhere in the trade its a good idea but Palmer for Leftwhich is a terrible trade.
umphrey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DrSpackle » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:11 pm

I have both Palmer and Lefty. I haven't started Lefty all year. He really doesn't put up big FF umbers.

Baltimore ain't what they used to be. Palmer already lit up the Browns earlier in the year. Why does the schedule bother you so much? I am sticking with Palmer all year unless he gets hurt. And if Palmer does go down, I still might start Kitna over Lefty!
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk