Worst excuse for a cheating commish ever ! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Worst excuse for a cheating commish ever !

Moderator: Football Moderators

Worst excuse for a cheating commish ever !

Postby spodog » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:26 pm

This was posted at rotoworld:

A couple of weeks ago I was playing our commissioner. Now being the fantasy fanatic that I am, whenever I play someone I'm constantly watching the live scoring. When the game started, I was laughing because he had the inactive Julius Jones in his lineup. BUT, around 1:30 I look again at the live scoring and not only has he used his commissioner access to take Jones out and replace him with Thomas Jones, who had just scored by the way, but he also erased the transaction from the transaction report so it would appear as if it never happened !!!! After I confronted him on this matter he then gives me the excuse from hell that his wife made those changes by mistake. I had to treat this like Watergate and expose his cheating ways to the rest of the league and thanks to karma he hasn't won a game since.
- Scott

I tell you, I got a lot of emails about commissioners pulling this stunt-very disconcerting. I guess we collectively need to keep a closer eye on these guys. What's more humiliating in your commissioner's case is his outlandish excuse. Dude, you need to do better than that! Your wife accidentally logged into your league site, accidentally went to your team page, accidentally benched Julius Jones (who happened to be inactive), and accidentally replaced him with Thomas Jones (who happened to have just scored)? You make Gary Hogeboom look like Johnny Fairplay. (Love the karma reference, by the way. Like me, you must be a fan of My Name is Earl.)
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:29 pm

haha...yea that excuse is pretty bad....

that show is great though...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:31 pm

That's a legit move.

Being the commish has its advantages. :-S
Last edited by BrutallyHuge on Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:37 pm

BH you're gonna have people thinking you are serious again...lol
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:39 pm

That's sooooo funny!!

Lame, bro. Reeeeaaally lame.
I got simular Commish-jack-off-crap, but not that bad!
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:41 pm

man that's a dirty commish, he must be from philly ;-D
You should also write to his wife, let her know what a terd you think he is and how shamelessly used her to defend his shoddy move.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:41 pm

Actually, I as commish of one money leagues have it written in the rules where I can change my lineup up to tuesday morning. I am not able to make it to my computer before sunday so everyone agrees this is ok. And really all those guys i would have put in my lineup anyway. Crazy thing is I haven't lost a game since we started this league 3 years ago. thats 3 undefeated seasons and $1500 later.

Oh and just on the off chance that i can't come up with a winning lineup in any given week i'm allowed to go in and change the teams lineup i'm playing for that week. Of course it's in his best interest. I'm just trying to help him out. if his team does well he'll get all that nasty junk mail offering him trades for his players....who wants that hassle.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jayday » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:44 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:Actually, I as commish of one money leagues have it written in the rules where I can change my lineup up to tuesday morning. I am not able to make it to my computer before sunday so everyone agrees this is ok. And really all those guys i would have put in my lineup anyway. Crazy thing is I haven't lost a game since we started this league 3 years ago. thats 3 undefeated seasons and $1500 later.

Oh and just on the off chance that i can't come up with a winning lineup in any given week i'm allowed to go in and change the teams lineup i'm playing for that week. Of course it's in his best interest. I'm just trying to help him out. if his team does well he'll get all that nasty junk mail offering him trades for his players....who wants that hassle.

i think you're joking....and i really hope you are....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby saundman2000 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:46 pm

Really weak. If the Commish can't come up with a better lie than that he can't be too bright.

I mean really, who is going to believe that?..

Unethical and not too smart. I've be dumping that league.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:52 pm

Redskins Win wrote:You should also write to his wife, let her know what a terd you think he is and how shamelessly used her to defend his shoddy move.

Seriously (if he even has a wife 8-o )! I think he'd get a week on the couch for that one. :-B :-B :-t
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk