Free Month of WWE 24/7... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Free Month of WWE 24/7...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Free Month of WWE 24/7...

Postby Canacuna » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:28 pm

I got this from a buddy in my e-mail last night... thought I'd pass the word on.

I guess last night during WWE's "Taboo Tuesday" PPV, there was an offer to get free access for a month to WWE.com's "24/7" subscription - which allows you to check out a bunch of old matches from WWE/F, WCW, ECW, etc.

Anyway, if you're interested, here's how:

Go to WWE.com and find "WWE 24/7" under SUBSCRIPTIONS. From there, check out "TABOO TUESDAY OFFER". The code is "WWETABOOTUESDAY".

...and then you're all set. I've been checkin' out the good 'ol WCW-days. Goldberg, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Sting... oh yeah.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:00 pm

Super cool, thanks for info Cuna. Have you seen TnA wrastling on spike, it's got a bunch of old skool dudes on it. I think it's saturdays at 11 though I'm not really sure.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:31 pm

I haven't watched any of RAW for about a month, but my friend just showed me what happened last week. Golddust appeared, and freaking Vader wrestled. VADER!!!!! 8-o

The best part was that his stomach is so huge now that he can barely stand up. When he tried to get into the ring, he had to walk up with his hands with his legs way out to the sides. Then he tried to do a clothesline and fell over doing it. Finally, when he tried to get out of the ring, he fell over onto the ground. He was so pissed at himself! :-b :-b

(And Ashley looked very, very good in her dark angel outfit. 8-o :L)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Dude » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:39 pm

For the record, TNA Impact is on Saturdays at 11:00 pm on Spike, although I think they're doing a 2 hour special this week on Thursday during prime time.

I quit watching WWF (I refuse to call it WWE) about 4 years ago after being a life long fan. My mother always told me I'd outgrow it. I hate it when she's right.

I've replaced my need for violence with a healthy MMA obsession - very stoked about the TUF 2 finale this Saturday... THREE hours of free MMA on Spike TV this Saturday at 9.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Canacuna » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:11 pm

I heard Vader was going to show up on RAW, so I caught it. He was fat, even considering that it is Vader we're talkin' about. Fatter than usual... and yeah, he looked pretty goofy getting out of the ring. Coach had to help him back up. Good stuff. RAW's one of those things that I'll watch if I'm not doing anything else...

But this 24/7 deal is cool. Get to check out the good 'ol days... Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Sting, Flair... WCW, ECW... good stuff and it's fun watching some of those matches again.

I've been watchin' TNA, though. Good stuff. Some of those moves they pull off in the matches are insane. All sorts of cool flips and whatnot. Saturdays at 11PM on SPIKE or they replay it on Mondays at midnight after The Ultimate Fighter.

Anyway, yeah - two hour special for TNA on Thursday. I hear those "ULTIMATE X" matches are cccrrraaazzzyyy.

...definitely lookin' forward to Ultimate Fighter this weekend. ;-D
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The_Dude » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:19 am

Canacuna wrote:
I've been watchin' TNA, though. Good stuff. Some of those moves they pull off in the matches are insane. All sorts of cool flips and whatnot. Saturdays at 11PM on SPIKE or they replay it on Mondays at midnight after The Ultimate Fighter.

Anyway, yeah - two hour special for TNA on Thursday. I hear those "ULTIMATE X" matches are cccrrraaazzzyyy.

...definitely lookin' forward to Ultimate Fighter this weekend. ;-D

I completely forgot about the TNA special last night... crap! Was it any good? Ultimate X matches are awesome. The only problem with TNA is that its become a bit of a repository for some awful old WCW stars, and it really has a B-quality feel to it. That's fine if the match quality is far and away better, but not so good if the match quality is WCW-circa-1999-ish. But damnit, Konnan is still doing the same stick he was doing 10 years ago, and it wasn't good then.

They've done a nice job branding Jarrett as an uber-heel, and the X-division, particularly AJ Styles, is amazing to watch. Outside the Dudleys and Jeff Hardy, most of the guys they've brought in I could do without. Their own guys are for the most part better - Monty Brown, all the Team Canada guys, Abyss, etc.

My favorite era of wrestling was the year after the 1998 Survivor Series - Austin was injured and the Rock (before he became an actor or a face) and Mick Foley were the center of attention, and much to the WCW's dismay, ratings for WWE kept going up.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:33 am

The TnA last nite, was pretty good. Those guys really fly around. I was flippin back and forth between that and the game so particulars are foggy, not to mention I was gettin a little tipsy by 9.

I agree about the era of WWF. I remember a tough man contest that McMahon was running durring the show and it was bracketted with all the WWF wrastlers. It wasn't that fake pull your punches crap either it was the real deal. Bradshaw won the the whole thing. I can't stand his new character. Though he really can throw down.
Image[/quote]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:20 pm

Redskins Win wrote:The TnA last nite, was pretty good. Those guys really fly around. I was flippin back and forth between that and the game so particulars are foggy, not to mention I was gettin a little tipsy by 9.

I agree about the era of WWF. I remember a tough man contest that McMahon was running durring the show and it was bracketted with all the WWF wrastlers. It wasn't that fake pull your punches crap either it was the real deal. Bradshaw won the the whole thing. I can't stand his new character. Though he really can throw down.

I thought Bart Gunn won the toughman contest? Maybe he just got to the final and lost. I seem to remember someone losing because the other guy was getting points for taking him down instead of actually fighting. WIMP! ;-7

All I know is that Bart knocked Dr. Death into next week in the first round (and the ref!). :-b
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:17 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:I thought Bart Gunn won the toughman contest? Maybe he just got to the final and lost. I seem to remember someone losing because the other guy was getting points for taking him down instead of actually fighting. WIMP! ;-7

All I know is that Bart knocked Dr. Death into next week in the first round (and the ref!). :-b

Yeah I remember that Dr Death (steve williams) getting cold knocked out by Bart. I may be wrong about bradshaw but it's too many braincells ago.
Image[/quote]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Canacuna » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:19 pm

Last night's show was really good. There was a six-man tag match with AJ Styles/Sonjay Dutt/Austin Aries vs. Christopher Daniels/Samoa Joe/Alex Shelley that was incredible. Styles and Daniels are obviously kickass, but that Samoa Joe guy is pretty damn cool too. I really dug that match.

I read that SpikeTV has already given TNA two more prime time specials for the next year - or something like that. So that's a good sign!

I don't mind seeing some of the old WCW-guys around, since that's what I was into back in the day. Earlier in the year, they had Diamond Dallas Page runnin' around, and I dug it. At least he was a main-eventer in WCW. Not like Billy Gunn, who they brought in as a "big name". Yeah right. It was at least believable that DDP could challenge Jarrett, Monty Brown, etc. Especially since DDP was kickin' Jarrett's ass all the time back in the WCW days.

The old WCW was my favorite. nWo hadn't gotten old yet, Sting was poppin' down from the rafters, Goldberg was in the process of his mega-push, solid cruiserweight matches... good times.

It was cool seeing the video montage they made of the first couple years of TNA. Jarrett beating down Hulk Hogan with his guitar... beating Sting... gave him some legitmacy to those who remember him as a midcarder in the WWF and WCW. Great high-flyin' clips of AJ Styles and those X-Division matches. There was a clip of a move someone did in some cage match that was pretty damn cool.

I like the guys they've built up on their own. Monty Brown, Abyss, Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles, all the tag teams (they've got a great tag division)... and for the most part, the guys they've brought in from old promotions are fine by me. Seeing Raven around is awesome. Sabu is cool. Rhino is good. Ron Killings is great and should really get more of a push, methinks. BG James and Konnan are cool, so long as they don't ever rise above midcard status. I mentioned it before, but bringing in certain guys as main eventers is all that bothers me. Billy Gunn? Hell no. Even Jeff Hardy was brought in as a contender for the World belt. These guys were midcarders in the WWF, but they're good enough for TNA's belt? Hardy's getting better though... especially if he keeps doing those crazy stunts of his. Rhino was ECW World and Television champion back in the day, so it's fine by me that he got the insta-push.

But yeah, there were some good matches last night - definitely the six-man tag was the best though... that was just awesome. Go Samoa Joe!
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk