NFL Referees - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

NFL Referees

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby PACKman1144 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:52 pm

We did not lose because of the calls but the late hit thing was bs.

But the think every one gets their calls, for and against. We're a bunch of thugs so we'll get more. I'll say it: the Ravens are a bunch of thugs. So naturally we'll get all these flags.

But over time it all evens out.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Atog » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:03 pm

petedog9 wrote:Shouldnt this be in the WAAAAAAHHHHHHHH section???

Excellent Idea. It needs to be created.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mysticphysh » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:21 pm

WAH WAH WAH

I agree, the call on the late hit was wrong, but suck it up! Refs are only human. I'd love to see you make those calls full speed, not the super slow motion we have the advantage of seeing on tv. Thing is, it happens to all teams. That bad call went for Pitt, but Pitt had a couple of bad calls against them 2 weeks ago against JAX. It happens, it will continue to happen. Get over it. ;-D
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kmax9 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:13 am

Really what we should be talking about is not a certain call or whether the officals won the game for one team or another. But the fact that the yellow flag is seen thrown around the league more than Pittsburg fans swirl their little yellow towels. I watch most of the games because of FF. I am getting sick and tired with amount of flags thrown. Maybe its the beginning of the season and league wanted to make its point, but some games so far can't even go 4 plays without seeing yellow. I am saying players are perfect and don't cause fouls. But they dont have to call it so tight. Zeebras go happy flag throwers.
kmax9
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:56 am

My momma always told me if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. That said, the refs el sucko. they have been consistantly taking the game out of the players hands and making the game their own egotistical romper room. If there is any shred of consistancy, other than being inconsistant, I wouldn't whine about it. But there isn't. :-t
I'm sure the bejeagles will get the better end of bad or no calls this sunday too. It's what I've come to accept.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:40 am

I too saw the hit on HINES Ward, and thought it was pretty ticky-tack for them to be calling that kind of thing. I have seen guys run towards the sideline to make people think they are going out, then jet up the line when everyone lays off. They need to let the play happen. But your team sucks. They are not out to get them, and you don't lose games based on one or two calls. Good teams overcome that. Think about it...you guys got beat by the Bears with a rookie QB, an aging WR and no other WR to speak of. That's low.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:34 am

If any team has the right to bitch about the Refs its Detroit. 2 games now where the outcome was decided on a terrible call: the TB game (that WAS a catch!) and the CHI game (quick whistle when the player fumbled and DET was running unobstructed to the EZ - could not challenge).

Im not arguing DET is a good team or anything - just that there have been 2 calls that went against DET that literally decided if we would get a W or not.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mysticphysh » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:21 pm

As weird as it may sound...On that catch you're talking about, if the TE would have caught the ball with his hands as he was sliding out, the call would have been overturned because that would have shown possession. As it is, as he was going out, the ball was moving as he was tucking it into his arm, therefore possession was not immediately established. That's the way it was explained by head of Refs on Total Access.

And to all those complaining about all the yellow hankies on the field...maybe teams should stop commiting penalties...That should help cut down on the head refs getting so much face time.

I do agree with the quick whistle. While I didnt see the play you are talking about, I've seen several quick whistles this year. Refs should let the plays go and let coaches challange if they dont think the call was right. I've seen it go both ways. I've seen refs let plays go where the player was clearly down and I've seen the quick whistle. While teams still have challanges, letting the play go is the fairest way to play it out I think.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:10 pm

mysticphysh wrote:As weird as it may sound...On that catch you're talking about, if the TE would have caught the ball with his hands as he was sliding out, the call would have been overturned because that would have shown possession. As it is, as he was going out, the ball was moving as he was tucking it into his arm, therefore possession was not immediately established. That's the way it was explained by head of Refs on Total Access.

Yeah - I heard that - I also thinks its complete doo doo. Pollard caught the ball - it wasnt juggled - it was a two handed, secured catch. So what if it was being brought into his body AFTER HE CAUGHT IT. The refs blew the call and gave TB the win and its a complete travishamockery. :-t

One ref's interpretation of what a catch is decided the game. Unbelievable. I guarantee the NFL will review and DEFINE exactly what a catch is after this season because of that play.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Sipho » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:16 pm

I agree that explanation was bull. Recievers instinctively go to tuck the ball under their arm after a hand-catch. When you think about it, you can't go from having the ball in your hands, to having it tucked, without the ball appearing "loose". IMO, they still have control during this process.
Sipho
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting