NFL Referees - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

NFL Referees

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: NFL Referees

Postby dolphinsrising » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:18 pm

klaxs258 wrote:I didnt get on yesterday to talk about this, so i decided that i am just going to go on a rant about the referees. After every game this year i have just been more and more pissed off with the referees but monday night just did me in and i flipped after i saw these to plays. In the first quarter Bart Scott hit Heinez ward after he already was hit by one player but he was still inbounds and they called unessesary roughness. I was so ticked off after this call becasue not only wsas it 3rd and long but this also put them in the redzone. It was just an atrousious call. We have been called for the most ridiculous things this season. THen on our next drive the ball was thrown away and the ball was at least 10 to 15 feet awawy from derick mason and someone laid Derick mason out. ANd guess what.........................................................................................................................................................no flag!!!!!!!! ALL OF THE REFS IN THE NFL CAN JUST BLOW ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw both plays and I thought there shouldn't have been a flag on either play.

The Mason hit was close, the defender launched himself when it appeared there might be a catch, nothing he could do to stop. That was a good no call. Keep the game moving and the flags off of the field.

The Ward play if I remember the situation happened because it didn't appear he was down by contact and was still struggling to go forward. I didn't hear a whistle (rarely do these days) so I don't get why a flag was thrown, is it because the defensive player didn't push him down and instead tried to make a hard tackle? It was just a poor call and one that again should be a no call.
dolphinsrising
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mysticphysh » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:45 pm

dolphinsrising wrote:
klaxs258 wrote:I didnt get on yesterday to talk about this, so i decided that i am just going to go on a rant about the referees. After every game this year i have just been more and more pissed off with the referees but monday night just did me in and i flipped after i saw these to plays. In the first quarter Bart Scott hit Heinez ward after he already was hit by one player but he was still inbounds and they called unessesary roughness. I was so ticked off after this call becasue not only wsas it 3rd and long but this also put them in the redzone. It was just an atrousious call. We have been called for the most ridiculous things this season. THen on our next drive the ball was thrown away and the ball was at least 10 to 15 feet awawy from derick mason and someone laid Derick mason out. ANd guess what.........................................................................................................................................................no flag!!!!!!!! ALL OF THE REFS IN THE NFL CAN JUST BLOW ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw both plays and I thought there shouldn't have been a flag on either play.

The Mason hit was close, the defender launched himself when it appeared there might be a catch, nothing he could do to stop. That was a good no call. Keep the game moving and the flags off of the field.

The Ward play if I remember the situation happened because it didn't appear he was down by contact and was still struggling to go forward. I didn't hear a whistle (rarely do these days) so I don't get why a flag was thrown, is it because the defensive player didn't push him down and instead tried to make a hard tackle? It was just a poor call and one that again should be a no call.

Actually, Ward wasn't struggling for extra yards. What happened was, he caught the ball and turned to go up the field. When he did, a defender pushed him to push him out of bounds. As he was going out, a split second later, another defender came in and gave him another push. Nothing about either hit was a big hit or anything, just 2 pushes. The thing is, the 2nd push happened less then half a step as Ward was going out of bounds. While the 2nd push wasn't needed, it still wasn't a late hit out of bounds, but it was close enough that one Ref (without the benefit of super slow motion) decided it was a late hit. It happened in the 1st or 2nd series of the game, so didn't have any impact on the outcome of the game like a late game call would have (think Detroit). Besides, as pointed out, it was 3rd down, BUT Ward already had the first down when the penalty occured. It's not like the penalty gave them the first down. It was just one of those things. The refs usually get it right, every once and awhile, they get one wrong. To err is human.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:49 pm

mysticphysh wrote:The refs usually get it right, every once and awhile, they get one wrong. To err is human.

Damn humans.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby klaxs258 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:21 pm

kmax9 wrote:Really what we should be talking about is not a certain call or whether the officals won the game for one team or another. But the fact that the yellow flag is seen thrown around the league more than Pittsburg fans swirl their little yellow towels. I watch most of the games because of FF. I am getting sick and tired with amount of flags thrown. Maybe its the beginning of the season and league wanted to make its point, but some games so far can't even go 4 plays without seeing yellow. I am saying players are perfect and don't cause fouls. But they dont have to call it so tight. Zeebras go happy flag throwers.

i agree and i may have typed in a way that i ment we lose the game becasue of the flags it is just that calls like that have been hitting us all season. The refs have also been over using the illegal contact. If you direstly hold someones jersey or push someone out of their route its a flag but making some contact on someones back when your diving in front should not be flag

[b]Tiger Woods[/b]
2006 British Open Champion
Woods-11 Nicklaus-18
[b]Wins At Age 30[/b]
Woods-50 Nicklaus-33

[b]The Greatest Golfer ever Tiger Wood[/b]
klaxs258
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby midnight toker » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:20 am

To all those out there that think the refs are out to get their team, I got one thing to say.......TUCK RULE!!!!!the biggest joke in all of sports, everyone who plays football knows that was a fumble,Brady knew it was a fumble, the guy had two hands on the ball.This is the only time I will moan about it though, so all others who think the refs are out to get em are crazy.

the RAIDERS are the only team that the refs and all of the NFL are out to get... :~(
midnight toker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mysticphysh » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:02 am

midnight toker wrote:To all those out there that think the refs are out to get their team, I got one thing to say.......TUCK RULE!!!!!the biggest joke in all of sports, everyone who plays football knows that was a fumble,Brady knew it was a fumble, the guy had two hands on the ball.This is the only time I will moan about it though, so all others who think the refs are out to get em are crazy.

the RAIDERS are the only team that the refs and all of the NFL are out to get... :~(

um...get over it? That was what? Four years ago? Let's go even further back and complain that Franco Harris really didn't catch that ball, ok? Because everyone LOVES to hear people complain about stuff that happened YEARS ago.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting