Charles Rogers value? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Charles Rogers value?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Charles Rogers value?

Postby Keyser_WV » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:48 pm

Let's assume Rogers stays healthy the rest of the year.

Is he going to be a factor? It seems like M. Williams will still be a #3 type guy in that offense.

Does Rogers get the #2 spot by default?

I don't know much about Detroit but it seems from the outside that Rogers may have some value down the stretch.

I am in a very competitive keeper league. Does he have any value as a keeper?

Just wondering what the general concensus is.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cardiac cats » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:53 pm

good question there... Rogers is also available in my league, so some feedback from Lions fans would be appreciated. And isn't garcia slightly banged up?
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby giants! » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:05 pm

Id say his value right now is none until he proves he can do something decent
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby umphrey » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:07 pm

I'd say as a keeper yes but this year no. I don't think big Mike Williams will ever hold much value in the NFL. He's just not fast enough to create seperation. Being bigger than the other guy might work in college but that won't fly in the NFL unless you have other tools as well, otherwise linemen would line up in the slot.

The Lions WRs are so overrated it's ridiculous. My comments on Mike are above. Roy has done fairly well and he has excellent hands but he doesn't create mis matches with his size or his speed. Rogers has been in the NFL 3 years now and still hasn't done anything but prove he is injury prone. I think he has the most potential out of the three, still.

With that in mind, there's a good chance Rogers will be the #2 in Detroit at some point and could have a successful NFL career, in Detroit or elsewhere. I think if he gets traded virtually anywhere his value goes up.
umphrey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:42 pm

umphrey wrote:I'd say as a keeper yes but this year no. I don't think big Mike Williams will ever hold much value in the NFL. He's just not fast enough to create seperation. Being bigger than the other guy might work in college but that won't fly in the NFL unless you have other tools as well, otherwise linemen would line up in the slot.

The Lions WRs are so overrated it's ridiculous. My comments on Mike are above. Roy has done fairly well and he has excellent hands but he doesn't create mis matches with his size or his speed. Rogers has been in the NFL 3 years now and still hasn't done anything but prove he is injury prone. I think he has the most potential out of the three, still.

With that in mind, there's a good chance Rogers will be the #2 in Detroit at some point and could have a successful NFL career, in Detroit or elsewhere. I think if he gets traded virtually anywhere his value goes up.

Say what? I am not a big Roy fan, I prefer Rogers but this statement is totally untrue. He is 6-2 and 212 and pretty strong which means that there are few corners of his size and he runs a 4.3.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Brass Monkey » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:55 pm

Any word if he is going to start this week? Did he practice on Wed...if so did he look any good. I am in need of WR help this weekend!!
Brass Monkey
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Vixtor » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:00 am

No he definitely does not get the job by default. He has to earn it. Don't be surprised to see him behind Vines on the depth chart. Charles Rogers is a guy that doesn't get it. He doesn't understand that you have to earn playing time and believes it should just be given to him. The coaches are bewildered by his attitude. I'm not sure if anything has changed since the suspension. We'll see. But, right now he has absolutely no value.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk