IDP question, S. Merriman? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

IDP question, S. Merriman?

Moderator: Football Moderators

IDP question, S. Merriman?

Postby gladee88er » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:53 pm

Just wanted to get opinions from you guys that play in IDP leagues. I'm trying to shake up my lineup for the second half of the season, and I watched Shawne Merriman a couple of weeks ago, and he looked like a real playmaker. We start 3 total IDP players each week, and can be any combo of DL, LB, or DB's. I have Keith Bullock, Dwight Freeney, and Charles Tillman on the roster now, and want to add a player for a week 10 bye.

He only has 15 tackles, but he has 4 sacks (2 last week), and seems to be getting better every week. He was one of those rookies that held out of camp for a bigger contract, so he started slow, sort of like Benson in Chicago. Now he seems to be catching up to the pro game, and looks like he is terrorizing OL's and QB's.

Are there any SD fans out there that see the same thing I do?? I've only seen him play one game, so any feedback from someone that has watched him more this year would be great!
gladee88er
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jjdub » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:46 pm

In my opinion, he is really starting to look like he has the potential to develop into a good player... He was putting a lot of pressure on Green for the whole game and did a very good job against a very good KC OL... Given that Sunday was only his second start (and he was used somewhat sparingly before that) I think he has the potential to do well in both sacks and tackles from here on out...
jjdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk