Eli Manning may do something he has never done before.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eli Manning may do something he has never done before....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Eli Manning may do something he has never done before....

Postby onnestabe » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:51 pm

dream_017 wrote:
onnestabe wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:Eli Manning may actually get his first career win on the road this week. Im not going out on a limb or anything, just stating that he should be able to beat the 49ers on the road for his first career victory away from the Meadowlands.

Ummm...I think he already accomplished this feat in the first game of the season. Granted, he didn't have to travel very far, but it was a road game for the Giants ;-) .

But it wasn't away from the Meadowlands.

But they did hang Saints banners in the end zone!! I know it wouldn't feel like a home game to me if I were in his shoes....

I mean sure, the crowd was quiet for him on third downs, he probably got to use the home team locker room, he slept in his own bed, he didn't have to fly anywhere, but can you imagine how distracting it was to see those banners on every play?!? The banners are what makes it a home game!!
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby foulballstrike3 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:36 pm

and it was the 2nd game of the season, Giants opened against Zona.
foulballstrike3
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:03 pm

Yeah I don't think you can count the NO game as an "away" game. I think the whole Eli on the road thing is blown out of proportion. The Giants haven't won a road game this year but it's not really Eli's fault. He played well in SD and although he didn't play well for 3 quarters in Dallas he was the reason they even had a shot to win the game. I won't hold last year against him since that was a trial by fire.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PackerAttack84 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:13 pm

If he doesn't pick up his first win away from the Meadowlands this week it would be rather sad. It definitely would not look good, I mean we are talking about the lowly 49ers. But, I don't see how he couldn't pick up the victory, if you only counted touchdowns from Tiki Barber, the Giants could probably still win this week.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GMoney » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:10 pm

i know we are only 2-5 and our talent level just isnt up to the reast of the league at the moment, but we have won 2 tough games (STL, and TB) who are both likely to make the playoff this year.

Who cares whos starting at QB. are alex smith or ken dorsey really any better than cody pickett or Jeff Probst (woops i mean that bachelor dude) at QB? Probably not.

At home the defense just plays like they are possessed. offence may not score a TD, but the defense probably will, and so long as the offence can run it 6 or 7 times per possession the defense will get the rest they need to score the rest of the points.

Giants should win, but dont count out the niners at home.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mystykoekaki » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:28 am

Throw it to Plax for 4 TDs?
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VaderFin » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:55 am

Manning has thrown 2 TDs on the road in his career. And yes, I'm not counting the stupid Saints game.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk