Early vote for ROY honors - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Early vote for ROY honors

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Vixtor » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:53 am

I go with Kyle Orton here. He was supposed to be a player they developed into the role at some point a few years from now as Rex Grossman insurance and wasn't even the #2 QB at the start of camp. Aside from one or two horrible game he is playing with a great deal of poise and getting the job done when asked to make throws. Very impressive.

On defense I like Thurman as well. Shawn Merriman has also been impressive though he wasn't really playing a lot in the first couple weeks. He's been coming on lately.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shockers » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:06 am

pangbones wrote:Kyle Orton is gonna steal some votes. Since the 5 int debacle against the Bengals, he has thrown only 1 int, and 5 TD's in those 4 games. They are 3-1 in those games as well. He is trying to become the first rookie QB to start every game and lead his team to the playoffs.

Didn't Grossman start in week 1 or has Orton been the man from the beginning of the season?

On a side note. No rookie QB will ever out perform Big Ben's campaign last year. The guy is half way into his second full season of football and has lost to just ONE team. That is incredible!
Anyone here collect football cards??? PM me for some great trading sites online.
Shockers
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FatFoot » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:22 am

Grossman broke himdamnself in the preseason. Kyle all year, so far.

I am impressed that a rookie with no real plans of being a season opening starter has done as well as he has... but I doubt one can say that he's done well enough to get ROY. Maybe if the Bears stay on top of the division, AND develope an actual passing game... maybe.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:23 am

Shockers wrote:Didn't Grossman start in week 1 or has Orton been the man from the beginning of the season?

On a side note. No rookie QB will ever out perform Big Ben's campaign last year. The guy is half way into his second full season of football and has lost to just ONE team. That is incredible!

Grossman was killed in the pre-season - Orton has started every real game this year so far for the Bears. Big Ben had a great season last year for sure but he didn't qualify for the record in question because he didn't START every game for the Steelers...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:32 am

There's a good chance the Bears win that division and make the playoffs... If that happens, Kyle Orton will undoubtedly be the offensive ROY....

No question Odell Thurman is currently the heavy favorite on the defensive side of the ball....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:19 am

Caddy will win the ROY.

PS - what a bunch of Homers - sheesh :-[
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:06 am

Cedric Benson...oh wait...that didn't exactly pan out now did it Angelo? :-#

I know it's a long shot, but I think Heath Miller has done far more for his team than Caddy has done for his. He's got my vote.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby VaderFin » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:38 am

Ronnie Brown is going to win ROY. He is getting better and better as the year goes on. He is on pace for 1,232 yards despite his poor showing the first two weeks of the season. If he leads all rookies in running and has 1200 yards he will win.

Defensive ROY has to go to Thurman at this point...he is playing great.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:44 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Caddy will win the ROY.

PS - what a bunch of Homers - sheesh :-[

I don't think he will if he can't put together at least two more decent games.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby phunkadelic » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:21 pm

You can't just discount Orton's 5 INT game against the Bengals. My vote would not be for him. I don't think we're even sure right now that he's going to be the starting QB come the end of the season.

If the vote were right now, I'd have a tough time deciding between Caddy, Brown, and Heath. But with Caddy's pain, and Ricky's carries, I'm guessing Heath Miller will be ROY come the end of the season.

I think there's also a chance some WR will have a huge 2nd half and steal the honors... someone like Brandon Jones, Braylon Edwards, or Chris Henry. Maybe even Matt Jones.

As for defensive ROY, I really like Odell Thurman, but I don't think he gets the award. At least 3 of his 4 INTs (actually all 4 I believe) were off deflected passes that he just happened to be in the perfect (lucky) spot to grab. He has missed numerous key assignments - ask Heath Miller about that TD catch against the Bengals. And on top of all that, LBs without tons of sacks tend to get overlooked in voting.
phunkadelic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk