Early vote for ROY honors - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Early vote for ROY honors

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby FatFoot » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:32 pm

Everyone has bad games. Brett Favre got picked off 5 times by your Bengals last week. Before the Bears, so did the Viqueens. One bad game probably isn't enough to knock Orton out of the running. He's done more than the rookie WRs you mentioned. If it were me, I'd be looking in Heath's direction right now, too. But who knows what happens by the end of the year.

Orton's going to be the starter unless he gets injured, or screws up a string of games. Either of those events would explain him being eliminated from contention anyway. What if he puts together a string of GOOD games? What if he gets 300 yds and 2 or 3 TDs against NO this weekend? What if monkies fly out of my butt?
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DrSpackle » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:35 pm

Darrent Williams ;-D

He filled in for Champ Bailey quite well and has been locking WRs down very well for a rookie.
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:55 pm

Shockers wrote:Has a TE ever received ROY honors? 10 is not out of reach by any means for him. He has 6 in 7 games. He would only need 4 in the next 9. I agree that Brown and Cadillac both have an edge on Miller though. Not because they are better players, but because of their position. They have the ability to touch the ball 25-30 per game while Miller is having a great game if he has the ball thrown his direction 1/3 that many times.

Shockey made a huge splash coming into the league but didnt' win. I don't think a TE can win it really. My vote for now would be Caddy even though he's been hurt. He stands out in my mind for doing the most to help his team win.
chadlincoln
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:57 pm

Heath Miller, with Ronnie Brown a very close 2nd.
KoopaTroopa211 wrote:This is a talented team that under any other circumstances would be an absolute lock for their 4th championship, but I can't shake the feeling that the push for 16-0 will in the end be the undoing of this team in the playoffs.
KoopaTroopa211
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VaderFin » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:15 pm

To the Caddy voters..Question: Why Caddy over Brown when Brown has more TDs and Rushing Yards and hasn't missed several games?
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:05 pm

Couple of reasons - about Brown vs. Caddy.

1. - Caddy is averaging more rush yds a game than Brown.
2. - Caddy has directly contributed to his teams success: 4-0 with him as the starter while 1-2 after his injury.
3. - As far as the injury is concerned - I still fully expect Brown to miss at least one game this season. Its just a law of averages - the average NFL staring RB will miss at least 2 games every season - I would even bet that number increases dramatically when the RB is a rookie.

So - to the question about who I think the ROY will be - its Caddy. And yes I think he will have at least 2 more 100+ yd games this season.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VaderFin » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:23 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Couple of reasons - about Brown vs. Caddy.

1. - Caddy is averaging more rush yds a game than Brown.
2. - Caddy has directly contributed to his teams success: 4-0 with him as the starter while 1-2 after his injury.
3. - As far as the injury is concerned - I still fully expect Brown to miss at least one game this season. Its just a law of averages - the average NFL staring RB will miss at least 2 games every season - I would even bet that number increases dramatically when the RB is a rookie.

So - to the question about who I think the ROY will be - its Caddy. And yes I think he will have at least 2 more 100+ yd games this season.

Maybe in games he has played in but not total for the year. Only time will tell but Caddy had some injury issues in college and Brown never did. I think Brown plays the whole year with Ricky in there spelling him and finishes with more yards and touchdowns then Caddy. Course I'm a homer. :-]
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:53 pm

Too many homer picks goin' on here. Since we didn't have a 1st round pick :-) I'm gonna say Caddy. Even though he has been hurt, when healthy he has been quite a player. Given that RB isn't too difficult a posistion to come into the league and start at, he has been pretty electric.

Not sure defensively though.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Posse » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:05 pm

Ware has won Rookie of the Month honors. I stand behind my homerism. LOL
Posse
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby jayday » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:23 pm

phunkadelic wrote:As for defensive ROY, I really like Odell Thurman, but I don't think he gets the award. At least 3 of his 4 INTs (actually all 4 I believe) were off deflected passes that he just happened to be in the perfect (lucky) spot to grab. He has missed numerous key assignments - ask Heath Miller about that TD catch against the Bengals. And on top of all that, LBs without tons of sacks tend to get overlooked in voting.

luck is what happens when preparation meets oppurtunity... ;-D

thurman was the steal of the draft by far....we're still waiting on pollack's transition....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk