Postby Kingctb27 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:31 pm

Ronnie Brown. He's gonna be great. ;-D
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:10 pm

Shockers wrote:
pangbones wrote:Kyle Orton is gonna steal some votes. Since the 5 int debacle against the Bengals, he has thrown only 1 int, and 5 TD's in those 4 games. They are 3-1 in those games as well. He is trying to become the first rookie QB to start every game and lead his team to the playoffs.

Didn't Grossman start in week 1 or has Orton been the man from the beginning of the season?

On a side note. No rookie QB will ever out perform Big Ben's campaign last year. The guy is half way into his second full season of football and has lost to just ONE team. That is incredible!

Uh Dan Marino anyone? 2210 yards, 20 TDs, 6 INT, and 2 rushing TDs, IN 11 GAMES. Then he had a sophmore season that was unparalleled until Manning last year. I'm talking 5,000 yards and 48 TDs. Roethlisberger had a nice season for a rookie, but it was pretty mediocre numbers wise compared to other QBs, and he really struggled near the end of the season and the playoffs.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:37 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
Shockers wrote:
pangbones wrote:Kyle Orton is gonna steal some votes. Since the 5 int debacle against the Bengals, he has thrown only 1 int, and 5 TD's in those 4 games. They are 3-1 in those games as well. He is trying to become the first rookie QB to start every game and lead his team to the playoffs.

Didn't Grossman start in week 1 or has Orton been the man from the beginning of the season?

On a side note. No rookie QB will ever out perform Big Ben's campaign last year. The guy is half way into his second full season of football and has lost to just ONE team. That is incredible!

Uh Dan Marino anyone? 2210 yards, 20 TDs, 6 INT, and 2 rushing TDs, IN 11 GAMES. Then he had a sophmore season that was unparalleled until Manning last year. I'm talking 5,000 yards and 48 TDs. Roethlisberger had a nice season for a rookie, but it was pretty mediocre numbers wise compared to other QBs, and he really struggled near the end of the season and the playoffs.

Not to mention Marino went to the Super Bowl in his 2nd year.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:25 pm

Offensive: Carnell Williams (Kyle Orton, Ronnie Brown)

Defensive: Thurman ( I wouldnt count out DJ he will have over 100 tackels easily he just needs to step it up on sacks and turnovers.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VaderFin » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:56 pm

I would think after today's performance everyone needs to get off Caddy's bandwagon.

Orton continues to win.

Brown had a nice average but not enough carries.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:24 am

I'm surprised I haven't seen this name more often: Shawne Merriman. He missed a game and didn't start a few, and he still has five sacks after this week.

He's an animal and he's everywhere.

Just ask Priest.
davidmarver
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:49 am

GADO!
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Santacruzer » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:22 am

Shhhh..... Matt Jones is quietly climbing up the charts. He had a great game last week (5 – 117 Receiving for 1 TD), and has had touchdowns in three of the last four games, to go along with that big day against the Ravens.

A quote from PFW:
Jones dusted Ravens CB Chris McAllister for a 32-yard touchdown in the first quarter and sprinted past Deion Sanders for a 36-yard gain down to the Ravens’ four-yard line that almost went for a touchdown. Then, in the fourth quarter, Jones beat McAllister for a 42-yard gain. He also lined up under center for one play and gained 10 yards even though everyone in the house knew he was going to run with the ball.

I think that Odell Thurman (LB for the Bengals) is a solid candidate for the defensive side: 50 tackles, four interceptions, six passes defended, two forced fumbles, fumble recovery, and a sack. I also like Ware and Merriman, and think that they will be forces in the NFL for years to come, but this year it should belong to Thurman.

And to agree with "lmcjaho" a bit, I think that if Gado can either keep up the pace, or even help the Packers to a (second-half) winning record, he deserves a very long look. To be able to produce ANY kind of rushing yards from that O-line is impressive, never mind the 3 TDs. Lets see if he can keep it up.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk