Ep. III DVD - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Ep. III DVD

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ep. III DVD

Postby moonhead » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:33 am

Did anyone buy it yesterday? I'm just curious about the documentary and special features stuff. Is any of it worth a crap? I was thinking about waiting until they release them all together (I-III), but I am so tempted...I'm probably just one small good comment away from going to Wal-Mart right now and buying it.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Re: Ep. III DVD

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:48 am

moonhead wrote:Did anyone buy it yesterday? I'm just curious about the documentary and special features stuff. Is any of it worth a crap? I was thinking about waiting until they release them all together (I-III), but I am so tempted...I'm probably just one small good comment away from going to Wal-Mart right now and buying it.

I am waiting for my friend's GF to go back overseas (just got back from a one-year contract at a Canadian Armed Forces [how's that for an oxymoron] base in Afghanistan where they had a local bazaar with DVDs at $2 a pop) to get mine... I actually haven't even seen the movie yet but will very likely remedy that over the upcoming weekend...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby moonhead » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:55 am

lmcjaho wrote:
moonhead wrote:Did anyone buy it yesterday? I'm just curious about the documentary and special features stuff. Is any of it worth a crap? I was thinking about waiting until they release them all together (I-III), but I am so tempted...I'm probably just one small good comment away from going to Wal-Mart right now and buying it.

I am waiting for my friend's GF to go back overseas (just got back from a one-year contract at a Canadian Armed Forces [how's that for an oxymoron] base in Afghanistan where they had a local bazaar with DVDs at $2 a pop) to get mine... I actually haven't even seen the movie yet but will very likely remedy that over the upcoming weekend...

you bastid! you're taking money out of george lucas's pocket and food off the table for his kids! how can you sleep at night. :-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:01 am

moonhead wrote:you bastid! you're taking money out of george lucas's pocket and food off the table for his kids! how can you sleep at night. :-D

I work at night so I don't sleep at night too often anyhow so it's all good...

I do however sleep during the day and this doesn't seem to bother that at all - if anything the extra $$ I save can be used on Nytol or other sleep medication as needed :-D
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:27 am

lmcjaho wrote:

The globe is divided into regions for the purposes of DVD encoding... A region 1 (US and Canada) DVD will not work in a region 2 (Europe, Japan, South Africa and Arabia) DVD player and vice versa....

It's possible the DVD's they're selling over there are region 1 (or region 0, which will play in both), but it's more likely that they are region 2, in which case, there's about a 90% chance they will not work in a DVD player you bought in the US or Canada....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:04 am

Bought it and watched it last night. Looks great on the 50". ;-D

I'm not a big special features guy but they look pretty cool. There is a cool feature on the Obi-Wan and Anakin fight and how much work went into basically a one minute fight.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:18 am

Yeah there were like 170,000 manhours of something put into a 1 minute scene. I'll get the DVD today probably.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:24 am

SniperShot wrote:Yeah there were like 170,000 manhours of something put into a 1 minute scene. I'll get the DVD today probably.

From what I've heard, it's the most disappointing 1 minute in cinema history. That's alot of man hours to flush down the toilet. Then again, could it get any worse than the Darth Maul fight? Such a huge build up for a slow , boring fight. W-E-A-K!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:26 am

I watched the movie last night. Pretty cool. Best scene was, "Master Skywalker! There are too many troops! What should we do?"

I didn't watch any of the special features. I usually don't, unless I LOVED the movie.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:27 am

Sixxgunn wrote:
SniperShot wrote:Yeah there were like 170,000 manhours of something put into a 1 minute scene. I'll get the DVD today probably.

From what I've heard, it's the most disappointing 1 minute in cinema history. That's alot of man hours to flush down the toilet. Then again, could it get any worse than the Darth Maul fight? Such a huge build up for a slow , boring fight. W-E-A-K!

I didn't think it was horrible. I didn't think the Darth Maul fight was horrible either. The best two fights were definately Yoda vs. Count Dooku and Yoda vs. the Emperor (Senator Palpatine). Yoda fights kick ass!
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk