Ep. III DVD - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Ep. III DVD

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VaderFin » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:44 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:
SniperShot wrote:Yeah there were like 170,000 manhours of something put into a 1 minute scene. I'll get the DVD today probably.

From what I've heard, it's the most disappointing 1 minute in cinema history. That's alot of man hours to flush down the toilet. Then again, could it get any worse than the Darth Maul fight? Such a huge build up for a slow , boring fight. W-E-A-K!

I didn't think it was horrible. I didn't think the Darth Maul fight was horrible either. The best two fights were definately Yoda vs. Count Dooku and Yoda vs. the Emperor (Senator Palpatine). Yoda fights kick ass!

Obi and Anakin fight was great. The effects were amazing. The Emperor vs. Windu is my fav fight...watching Anakin complete his turn was great!
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:19 pm

Gah, the movie was good, but I didnt like how they turned Anakin....
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:19 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
SniperShot wrote:Yeah there were like 170,000 manhours of something put into a 1 minute scene. I'll get the DVD today probably.

From what I've heard, it's the most disappointing 1 minute in cinema history. That's alot of man hours to flush down the toilet. Then again, could it get any worse than the Darth Maul fight? Such a huge build up for a slow , boring fight. W-E-A-K!

"ITS OVER ANAKIN, I POSSESS THE HIGH GROUND."

I rented the DVD yesterday and watched some of the special features, but not all. Awesome, awesome movie. Greivous is concentrated awesomeness, but he isn't owning as much as he did in the the cartoon network series. But all the fights in Ep 3 were very good IMO. Fight scenes are rarely a problem for Star Wars(except for Ep 1 boring and silly Naboo battle with the Gungans.) Of course, the dialog is sometimes lacking:
"I'm beautiful because I'm in love"
"No, you're beatiful because I'm in love with you."
BAD.
And then....

"WHERE IS PADME? IS SHE SAFE?"
"I'm AFRAID IN YOUR ANGER THAT YOU KILLED HER"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
:D
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Re: Ep. III DVD

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:28 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:The globe is divided into regions for the purposes of DVD encoding... A region 1 (US and Canada) DVD will not work in a region 2 (Europe, Japan, South Africa and Arabia) DVD player and vice versa....

It's possible the DVD's they're selling over there are region 1 (or region 0, which will play in both), but it's more likely that they are region 2, in which case, there's about a 90% chance they will not work in a DVD player you bought in the US or Canada....

Thanks for the heads-up Plinds but my buddy has lived overseas on a number of occasions and so of course he was already aware of that and made sure the DVDs were for the correct region. ;-D I already got the Blade trilogy from her on her last trip and they work fine!
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby aussieboy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:27 pm

Tiki wrote:Gah, the movie was good, but I didnt like how they turned Anakin....

I agree with you. That was the part I disliked the most. The turn seemed to rushed for my liking. One minute he's about to kill the Emporer, next he's slaying all the Jedi.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moonhead » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:35 pm

aussieboy wrote:
Tiki wrote:Gah, the movie was good, but I didnt like how they turned Anakin....

I agree with you. That was the part I disliked the most. The turn seemed to rushed for my liking. One minute he's about to kill the Emporer, next he's slaying all the Jedi.

i agree. it was like lucas went, oh sh**, i have to tell the story of how anakin went to the darkside...ugh, well, insert story about darth palegius and fight between windu, kit fisto, etc. and anakin in his ethical struggle.
kind of bummed about all this and the crappy, sappy dialogue between anakin and padme. just looked like it wasn't planned well, but I did leave the theater feeling about like i felt after american beauty. it was depressing and dark. which was nice.

i can't wait to watch it again and again and again.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Tiki » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:38 pm

American Beauty was an amazing movie ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:49 pm

When is the new trilogy set to come out on DVD?

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moonhead » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:05 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:When is the new trilogy set to come out on DVD?

i originally heard that it was scheduled to come out before christmas this year...but i expect that to be false. i don't know. i probably will end up just buying it this week. and get the trilogy when it comes out and sell this copy on ebay or something.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:22 pm

The thing is I never know when its a good time to buy these movies. Its a pain having to worry about whether to buy them individually, in trilogies, or wait for all 6 together. Not to mention the fact that there are seperate editions and availability on both VHS and DVD. :-S

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk