Ep. III DVD - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Ep. III DVD

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The_Dude » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:05 am

moonhead wrote:
aussieboy wrote:
Tiki wrote:Gah, the movie was good, but I didnt like how they turned Anakin....

I agree with you. That was the part I disliked the most. The turn seemed to rushed for my liking. One minute he's about to kill the Emporer, next he's slaying all the Jedi.

i agree. it was like lucas went, oh sh**, i have to tell the story of how anakin went to the darkside...ugh, well, insert story about darth palegius and fight between windu, kit fisto, etc. and anakin in his ethical struggle.
kind of bummed about all this and the crappy, sappy dialogue between anakin and padme. just looked like it wasn't planned well, but I did leave the theater feeling about like i felt after american beauty. it was depressing and dark. which was nice.

i can't wait to watch it again and again and again.

The_Dude generally agrees... Episode III was equally gratifying and frustrating. Of the new trilogy, it was the only one of the films to have more than 10 minutes of good stuff in it. The way I see it, everything that happened in I and II could have been told in a 20 minute flashback, and the entire story should have taken place in the timeline set for Episode III, just with better dialogue, and a slower, more pronounced turn to the dark side. One minute Annakin's like, "you're the Sith Lord," and then the next minute he's conflicted about Mace Windu, and then in the SAME SCENE he's pledging allegiance to the Emperor.

This is the most hyped moment in movie history, and they just ran right over it.

That said, it was still a much better effort than I and II - either that or I've just managed to ignore all the dialogue scenes with Annikan and Padme.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:11 pm

i just got the dvd....man i forgot how much i liked it. i guess im not as hardcore and nitpicky as most, but i thought this was a great one...the transition of anakin to the darkside was a little too fast for my liking but other than that i loved it. i watched the one minute segment on the special features and was amazed at how much was actually put into that....especially because i didnt even think it was especially different than other parts of the movie -special effects wise....especially that first scene with the space ship fights...that scene was INSANE.

i liked it enough i dug up an old sig that i made before it was released in theatres (and before i knew he would get the crap kicked out of him so quickly) !+)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:12 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:The thing is I never know when its a good time to buy these movies. Its a pain having to worry about whether to buy them individually, in trilogies, or wait for all 6 together. Not to mention the fact that there are seperate editions and availability on both VHS and DVD. :-S

dont forget, HD-DVD and Blu-ray are due out soon, so you'll just have to wait for the format war to end and re-buy them all again anyway in the Super Special Director's Cut Collector's Edition that comes in a Limited Edition R2D2 Tin
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk