Notre Dame vs the Vols - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Notre Dame vs the Vols

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VaderFin » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:30 pm

I like how you left out that USC is the only team to beat 1 loss Oregon and how Texas beat OSU, not almost, and also beat 1 loss Texas Tech. Where are the 1 loss victories for ND? Oh, there aren't any. ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AZirishfan » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:05 pm

Did say something about Texas O st. they bearly beat them O st lost it at the end of the game or did u not watch that one too. Who has Oregon beat? Fresno st, Houston and yea they (he is comes) did beat Cal (in OT). And USC played 1 more game and oppants record 35-43 and the Irish 36-35 whoes play crappier teams??
AZirishfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kevinoc81 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:31 am

VaderFin wrote:I like how you left out that USC is the only team to beat 1 loss Oregon and how Texas beat OSU, not almost, and also beat 1 loss Texas Tech. Where are the 1 loss victories for ND? Oh, there aren't any. ;-D

What difference does it make? Pittsburgh didn't have a loss when we beat them. Neither did Michigan.

I have a question for you. If Notre Dame didn't win another game the rest of the year would that make the USC game any less of a battle. No. It was one of the greatest games ever regardless of record.

If Va. Tech loses out, does that mean Miami is overrated? Because they won't be the only team to beat Va. Tech?

Teams can't control what happens after the game is over. Bottom line, Pitt, Michigan, Purdue were all ranked when ND beat them and ND hung with the #1 team in the nation until the last second. They are far from overrated. They are a 2 loss team that has 1 loss or no loss talent. They proved they could hang with USC. I beleieve they could hang with any team in the nation right now.

If you want to say they don't belong in a BCS bowl because they have 2 losses and other teams only have one. Fine. That's how college football is measured. By wins and losses unfortunately. But please stop saying the Irish are overrated!
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:53 am

VaderFin wrote:And for the LAST time..I haven't said ND is crap...I have said they are overrated and don't deserve a BCS bid. They have made a nice improvement over where they once were which was the bottom of the pile. Like many, I'm just tired about hearing how great this 2 loss team is.

OK, well if we're going to play the numbers game, I sure hope you don't bitch when undefeated Alabama ends up being third in the BCS ahead of one-loss Miami later today.... OR, if Miami ends up being ranked #3, I sure hope you have the balls to comment on how overrated they are....

;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:38 am

Kevin, it doesn't really seem like you're making a point here.

If Va Tech were to lose all the rest of their games, then heck yes it would make that Miami win over them a lot less impressive. Why wouldn't it?

If someone beats a team that people think is good, who later exposes themselves to be quite bad (Pitt/Purdue-like teams), then it still wasn't a win over a good team simply due to the fact that people had the wrong impression at the time.

By your twisted logic, TCU should be a top team right now because they have a victory over a top 5 Oklahoma team. Of course, we all know Oklahoma isn't really a top 5 team, so just because TCU played them when they had that imaginary number sitting next to their name doesn't mean TCU has beaten a good team.

I have no prerogative here, and I tend to think ND is a pretty solid team this year, but the point you're trying to argue just doesn't make any sense.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby kevinoc81 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:55 am

My point was that just because a team loses doesn't mean they suck. Michigan has lost to Wisconsin, Minnesota, and ND. Tennessee has a lot of losses, but look at their schedule. Plus, they were all close games. SC was a joke, but that's it. So just because Michigan has three losses and Tennessee has 5 losses doesn't mean that those teams are garbage and were any easier games than they were last year. Every notch in the L column doesn't necesarrily mean that team is any worse of a team. If USC lost to ND would that have meant they sucked now and they were exposed for a phony? Every time an opponent loses it doesn't have to make them worse.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:01 pm

gogogadget wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:ND wins handidly and shows everyone that the SEC, defensively, is overated by scoring 30+ against Vols.

ND-34
Tenn-13

The SEC is not overrated defensively.

Even after the game I don't think Tennessee is either. They played very well but all credit goes to the lack of organization amongst the Tennessee Offense, including the lousy development of good recruits among their offensive unit. As well as the nearly perfect gameplan set forth by Charlie Weis and executed very well by the Notre Dame offense.

I feel other than Bama that the SEC is defensively over rated. They have some good teams in the conference but I personally feel to much emphasis is put on the SEC's Defense.

Tenn kept the game fairly close ND rolled late and won handidly like I said by a margin similar to what I said. If you allow 40+ to a team that usually doesn't score 40 you are not a defensive force.

Their recruiting has no bearing on this conversation. Thats their problem.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby VaderFin » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:40 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:And for the LAST time..I haven't said ND is crap...I have said they are overrated and don't deserve a BCS bid. They have made a nice improvement over where they once were which was the bottom of the pile. Like many, I'm just tired about hearing how great this 2 loss team is.

OK, well if we're going to play the numbers game, I sure hope you don't bitch when undefeated Alabama ends up being third in the BCS ahead of one-loss Miami later today.... OR, if Miami ends up being ranked #3, I sure hope you have the balls to comment on how overrated they are....

;-D

An undefeated team in a major conference, this late in the season, should be ahead of any 1 loss team. Case closed.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:40 pm

VaderFin wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

;-D

An undefeated team in a major conference, this late in the season, should be ahead of any 1 loss team. Case closed.

So, were you rooting for FSU this weekend, seeing as how your strength of schedule, and close BCS call against Alabama is directly tied to FSU's success?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:46 pm

Computers have Notre Dame at 18....smart computers. ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football