Notre Dame vs the Vols - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Notre Dame vs the Vols

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VaderFin » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:50 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:And for the LAST time..I haven't said ND is crap...I have said they are overrated and don't deserve a BCS bid. They have made a nice improvement over where they once were which was the bottom of the pile. Like many, I'm just tired about hearing how great this 2 loss team is.

OK, well if we're going to play the numbers game, I sure hope you don't bitch when undefeated Alabama ends up being third in the BCS ahead of one-loss Miami later today.... OR, if Miami ends up being ranked #3, I sure hope you have the balls to comment on how overrated they are....

;-D

An undefeated team in a major conference, this late in the season, should be ahead of any 1 loss team. Case closed.

So, were you rooting for FSU this weekend, seeing as how your strength of schedule, and close BCS call against Alabama is directly tied to FSU's success?

Well, I don't see anyone beating Texas or USC so...Nope I was loving every minute of it. :-)
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevinoc81 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:54 pm

VaderFin wrote:Computers have Notre Dame at 18....smart computers. ;-D

Yeah, the coaches have them ranked at #7. You know the guys who get paid to lead a team. The guys who are closer to the sport than anybody else! They must be idiots. Lloyd Carr, Phillip Fullmer, Jim Tressel, Larry Coker, Bobby Bowden, etc. must all be stupid idiots who are over-hyping Notre Dame because they love the name so much!
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:02 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:

Yeah, the coaches have them ranked at #7. You know the guys who get paid to lead a team. The guys who are closer to the sport than anybody else! They must be idiots. Lloyd Carr, Phillip Fullmer, Jim Tressel, Larry Coker, Bobby Bowden, etc. must all be stupid idiots who are over-hyping Notre Dame because they love the name so much!

Oh come on, you know it's not the coaches that fill out those votes. Instead, it is their Catholic secretaries. It's all a conspiracy I tell ya! ;-7
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:17 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:

All the coaches do, if they're actually voting, is watch ESPN and base their opinions off of what they hear and read from the media. Why do you think the coaches poll so closely resembles the AP poll? Yes, Tubberville and Spurrior were spouting sour grapes, but there is a level of truth to their comments. Whatever the media talking heads say, goes!
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to College Football