Halfway through - QBs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Halfway through - QBs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:51 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:Out of the top 10...

Big Ben. I was one of his biggest detractors over the summer. And i humbly sit on my hands here. I downgraded Ward to the back end of Top 20 WRs. Claiming Big Ben wasn't clutch. My Bad. :-B . But i will say that he falls out of the top 10.

Brunell. No way he keeps this up. Early season success is exactly that. Early.

Mcnabb. Injuries to himself and his team. Will keep him out at the end of the season.

Entering the top 10...

I am gonna pick three very easy qbs.

Peyton. He is a Manning. Cmon.

Bulger. St Lue.

Green. Looked great against Charger. But then again its the Chargers.

No Collins, as your sig suggests? I'm a bit surprised.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:22 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
UNDEFEATED wrote:Out of the top 10...

Big Ben. I was one of his biggest detractors over the summer. And i humbly sit on my hands here. I downgraded Ward to the back end of Top 20 WRs. Claiming Big Ben wasn't clutch. My Bad. :-B . But i will say that he falls out of the top 10.

Brunell. No way he keeps this up. Early season success is exactly that. Early.

Mcnabb. Injuries to himself and his team. Will keep him out at the end of the season.

Entering the top 10...

I am gonna pick three very easy qbs.

Peyton. He is a Manning. Cmon.

Bulger. St Lue.

Green. Looked great against Charger. But then again its the Chargers.

No Collins, as your sig suggests? I'm a bit surprised.

ooooohhhhh craaap

*****edit alert***edit alert****

let me process :-) :*)
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:56 pm

There is a mistake in your list CBM. Maybe your scoring is different than mine.

But my yahoo, Cbs leagues and another fantasy site. All have Collins in the top 10.

yahoo:25yards/4 fractional scoring

Palmer
mcnabb
bledsoe
plummer
favre
brees
**collins**
**brady**
brunell
eli mannning

11. hass
12.delhomme

16. roethlisberger

CBS 25/6 non-fractional scoring

palmer
mcnabb
bledsoe
favre
plummer
brees
manning
brunell
9. collins
10. delhomme

14. big ben.

NEW REVISED LIST-based on my leagues rankings.

OUT on any list

Mcnabb...injuries.

Brunell and santana moss are a sham.

Big Ben never belonged on the list. And if is his in the top 10 he will be moving out.

IN on any list by the end of the season.

Delhomme and Ssmith are the polar opposites of brunell/moss. These guys are for real.

Peyton...doesn't look like he will make it in with such a weak first half of the season. Defense is playing well. PEyton has to do less. EDGE is running a muck. Should be in...but will only make it barely.

Bulger...when healthy No arguement against this.

Trent Green. Passing game is looking weak. I think the flip-floping of RBs is hurting the passing game. Pick a single rb and maybe he will crack into the top 10.

Brady...NE porous defense is forcing him to pass alot. Too bad Dillon is stealing all the TDs inside the 20.

Collins is inside the 10. But making his way up the top 5 ladder. Still a long way to climb to achieve my signature goal.

BTW...i have since the 0-3 Raiders start refused to openly and with aimless-homerism supports my Raiders. I do not want to tempt fate.

3-1 record in the last 4 games. Without my aimless-homerism. Thank me later Al Davis. ;-D
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Keeper1125 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:29 am

Here's our rankings, for what it's worth. 25 YDS = 1 PT, TD's = 6 PTS, CMP PCT on a 6-4-2-1-0 scale.

Top 10
Palmer
Bledsoe
McNabb
Favre
Plummer
Brees
P. Manning
Delhomme
Brady
Bulger

Next 10
Brunell
Collins
Roeth
Hasselbeck
E. Manning
McNair
Brooks
Culpepper
Green
Leftwich

I suppose the point here is that Manning is still playing quite well. He's clearly just about as talented as he was last year. He just hasn't had to do as much.
Keeper1125
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:17 am

Yup - Im using standard Yahoo default settings there fellas - which gives 6 points for all TDs and 1 point per 50 pass yds.

Interesting call on McNabb - I too have a feeling the Pheagles season is about to come crashing down around them and I can completely see McNabb calling it a season before week 12.

Bledsoe isnt going anywhere - which is really quite suprising. He's playing much better than anyone would have guessed.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DrSpackle » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:17 am

My big money league is QB friendly scoring - 1 pt for 10 yds, 6 pts for TDs and no penalites. So your QB can basically win a game for you by himself.

On draft day I had Palmer targeted for my starter. And when I drafted in the fourth round I got so much crap and everyone just laughed and laughed.

Who's laughing now? ME! Everyone who picked a QB in the first round is .500 or worse. I'm 7-1 with the best QB in the league. ;-D
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk