Halfway Through - RBs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Halfway Through - RBs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Halfway Through - RBs

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:28 pm

These are the top 20 RBs through the first 8 weeks of the season according to standard Yahoo leagues:

LT
SA
Edge
Jordan
SJax
Barber
SDavis
Holmes
TJones
Dillon
McGahee
Westbrook
Bell
Anderson
Portis
Parker
Dunn
DDavis
CMart
RJohnson

Anyone suprised to see 2 DEN RBs in the top 15?

Anyway - who stays, who goes, and who will replace them in the next 8 weeks?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:58 pm

kevin jones will continue to improve w/ garcia at qb...and sledge back at fb....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby moonhead » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:11 pm

steven jackson and lamont jordan as top 5 backs are a bit surprising. i had big expectations for steven this year, but he has so far exceeded them by leaps and bounds. we all knew that jordan was an intriguing fantasy back this year, but did anyone think he'd be top 5? there's still lots of foosball to be played, so maybe i shouldn't get ahead of myself...but i see stephen davis moving down the list mcgahee moving up. jujo should crack the top 15 if he can get healthy. i'm still not buying the kevin jones talk. caddy might make it back, but i would be surprised if ronnie brown doesn't end the year as a top 15 back.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby MadScott » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:18 pm

I look for S. Davis and C. Martin to drop down and possibly out by year end. I think you can already hear the bolts rattle, clank and start to fall out of Davis and Martin I think will be maligned by Testaverde at QB.

I look for Ronnie Brown to continue to make a strong push to enter into the top 15. So far he's not only met the challenge of Ricky Williams in the same backfield but has beaten that challenge down handily.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:35 pm

It's hard to see CMart and Rudi staying in there. CMart because it appears the ageless one is getting older, and Rudi because Perry seems to be earning extra playing time as the season progresses and Rudi is having a tough time getting into the end zone.

I am not too sure who will move up to take those two spots, though. Maybe Kevin Jones or Ronnie Brown, but KJ still plays for Detroit (Sorry, CBM, but feel free to beat up the Saints) and Ricky seems to be getting better and may steal carries. I wouldn't be very surprised to see Chris Brown have a solid second half. With all the injuries to the pass-catchers in TEN, he should get a healthy workload, and we haven't heard much about injuries for him so far this season.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby jayday » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:09 pm

ohh...another

deshaun foster once davis goes down...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:26 pm

The last five guys on that list are mostly yardage points. If they could only find the endzone every once in a while they might actually have an impact on their teams.

Rudi is a 7-9 guy on my team.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:29 pm

Lamont has poor yardage for a rb. Outside the top 20 off the top of my head. But his NINE TDs. Are awesome.

1 TD in six straight games.

Also his TDs are spread amongst all the games. Unlike some back who bunch alot of their TD compilations in a game or two.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:27 pm

Admittedly I wasn't too high on Jackson in the beginnning of the year, but with Martz' heart ailment I see Vitt using SJ a lot the rest of the year. I will miss the finesse offense but our new style is a lot more rational and will allow Jackson to see enough opportunities.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:35 pm

CB, while I hate to find fault with these threads, since I think will spark some great discussion, I have to question the reasoning behind using yahoo's default scoring system to come up with the rankings. Now, I realize that you're looking for a "standard", and since yahoo is the most popular FF site I can see the logic behind using their default system, but the truth is that once most players graduate from their first week of FF noobishness they move past yahoo's arcaic TD-heavy scoring system.

A very very very standard scoring system has been adopted among the vast majority of leagues involving players committed enough to FF to visit this site:

Passing:
25 yards per point
4 points per TD (6 points per TD will also do fine here)

Rushing/Receiving:
10 yards per point
6 points per TD

I only bring it up because it can vastly change the rankings. I doubt anything more than a minority of the people here play in a league where Stephen Davis ranks 7th in scoring amongst RBs. In leagues with the "standard" scoring he ranks 11th. Likewise, you won't find a lot of leagues where Davis ranks ahead of TJ and Westbrook. Not a huge difference, but noteworthy nonetheless.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk