KeyJohnson
Harrison
RSmith
JSmith
Boldin
RMoss
DDriver
Chambers

Allright - raise your hand if you said Joey Galloway would be a top 5 fantasy WR...

Who remains a top 20 WR, who doesnt, and who will replace them?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:54 pm

as long as he and quarterback jeff garcia can stay healthy....i'd say roy williams can be a top 20 2nd half wr....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Retet » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:04 pm

Moving Up

1. L. Fitzgerald -- he will get more looks and produce more w/o team-mate Boldin.

2. M. Harrison/R. Wayne -- this duo will see more action as the Colts will face stiffer competition in the coming weeks, which will create less opportunity for E. James to sit on a lead.

3. J. Porter -- No, hold on. I'm not saying he'll be top five or anything, but I see his situation now as somewhat parallel to that of N. Burleson last year, who benefited greatly from a gimpy R. Moss as a decoy.

Moving down.

1. C. Johnson -- yeah, he's a stud, but a lot of his production came when Housh was absent. With a healthy Housh, I see fewer targets for the man with the list in the second half.

2. Boldin -- he's injured. Enough said.

3. K. Johnson/T. Glenn -- Two things at work here: Parcells now has a solid running game, which he will increasingly use as the season goes on, which, in turn, will deminish the roles of these two overachieving Dallas wide outs.
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:22 pm

WR has been a tough position to figure this year. There was so many promising young WRs this year that have fizzled, it's unbelievable. Tried and true has been the story of the year.

I think Galloway will continue to have success for the remainder of the year provided Caddy gets back to running well enough to help the passing game.

The biggest guys that I think will tumble will be Terry Glenn, notoriously a poor 2nd halfer, and Keyshawn, though I think Keyshawn may ultimately end up hanging around the 20 spot. I'm also starting to wonder about Jimmy Smith the rest of the season as Leftwich seems to be doing a good job of moving the ball around from week to week.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MrHokeyPokey » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:26 pm

Retet wrote:Moving Up

1. L. Fitzgerald -- he will get more looks and produce more w/o team-mate Boldin.

2. M. Harrison/R. Wayne -- this duo will see more action as the Colts will face stiffer competition in the coming weeks, which will create less opportunity for E. James to sit on a lead.

3. J. Porter -- No, hold on. I'm not saying he'll be top five or anything, but I see his situation now as somewhat parallel to that of N. Burleson last year, who benefited greatly from a gimpy R. Moss as a decoy.

Moving down.

1. C. Johnson -- yeah, he's a stud, but a lot of his production came when Housh was absent. With a healthy Housh, I see fewer targets for the man with the list in the second half.

2. Boldin -- he's injured. Enough said.

3. K. Johnson/T. Glenn -- Two things at work here: Parcells now has a solid running game, which he will increasingly use as the season goes on, which, in turn, will deminish the roles of these two overachieving Dallas wide outs.

I completely disagree.

Porter - has one decent game any you jump on the band wagon? his production will still be the same, and gabriel is slowly taking his play.

Chad Johnson - He will probably lead the Fantasy scoring for WRs when the year is over, Bengals have a great schedule the 2nd half. Also, his best numbers came when housh was in the game. His worst number came when housh was out.

Boldin - Injured now, out 2-4 weeks... will come back where he left off.
MrHokeyPokey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Retet » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:35 pm

MrHokeyPokey wrote:[Porter - has one decent game any you jump on the band wagon? his production will still be the same, and gabriel is slowly taking his play.

Boldin - Injured now, out 2-4 weeks... will come back where he left off.

Good points -- But I would not say that I'm jumping on the Porter bandwagon -- he can be inconsistent, sure, but he comes on stronger in the second half of the season and could finish the season much better than he began it. This is not bandwagon riding, just reasonable speculation.

Boldin is injured for potentially 4 weeks (2 minimum), that's a lot of time either way, and his numbers will post zero production for that time, which could easily drop him from the top twenty.

CJ is a reach, I admit, but I'm just not sold on Cincy yet -- CJ is good, but I don't think he'll finish the seaon as high on the Yahoo list as he is now. That's not to say he "stinks" or will drop out of the top 20, just that I speculate that his production will decline over the rest of the season because of increased competition for touches.
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:50 pm

I actually got something right for once ;-D

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... 999#947999

But no way did anyone think he'd be top 5. If he can make it through the rest of the season healthy he has a legitimate shot at 10 touchdowns...talk about a career season. I really don't see his numbers going down that much with Simms at quarterback...granetd he just played San Francisco but Simms loves to throw it to him and there's no one else on that team that can be relied on to catch clutch passes. If Clayton ends up with two touchdowns this season it would be a miracle, what a bust.

Holt with Bulger back could catch Galloway...same with Fitzgerald if Boldin misses serious time. Randy Moss could even end up top 5 if he has a stretch of touchdowns towards the end of the season.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby moonhead » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:56 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:I actually got something right for once ;-D

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... 999#947999

But no way did anyone think he'd be top 5. If he can make it through the rest of the season healthy he has a legitimate shot at 10 touchdowns...talk about a career season. I really don't see his numbers going down that much with Simms at quarterback...granetd he just played San Francisco but Simms loves to throw it to him and there's no one else on that team that can be relied on to catch clutch passes. If Clayton ends up with two touchdowns this season it would be a miracle, what a bust.

Holt with Bulger back could catch Galloway...same with Fitzgerald if Boldin misses serious time. Randy Moss could even end up top 5 if he has a stretch of touchdowns towards the end of the season.

Nice call Joshy! ;-D

As a saints fan you need to check in here.
EDIT: Should read, as the premiere saints fan on this board :-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:04 pm

Nice. Out of the 5 WR's I drafted, only one is on that list. AT FREAKIN 18!

Well, I can certainly see Driver falling out. That team is horrid, and it wouldn't be a shock at all. Moving in? Geez...maybe Housh? Otherwise I can't see this list changing much except internally. There isn't much as far as WR's left after these guys.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby onnestabe » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:09 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Nice. Out of the 5 WR's I drafted, only one is on that list. AT FREAKIN 18!

Well, I can certainly see Driver falling out. That team is horrid, and it wouldn't be a shock at all. Moving in? Geez...maybe Housh? Otherwise I can't see this list changing much except internally. There isn't much as far as WR's left after these guys.

I got one better...Out of the four WRs I drafted, only one is on my team!!! Lucky me to drop AJ for Galloway early on in the season :-D

EDIT: Anyone else think Moulds might make a push to be in the top 20 by season's end?
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk