Halfway Through - WRs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Halfway Through - WRs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:54 pm

jayday wrote:as long as he and quarterback jeff garcia can stay healthy....i'd say roy williams can be a top 20 2nd half wr....

I just don't see it.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

das

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:35 pm

Expect Deion Branch to get way up there ;-D

"I got this [b]killa[/b] up inside of me
I can't talk to my mother so I talk to my diary"
sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby biju » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:42 pm

If you were to start all of the scoring over from scratch at this point in the season I would certainly put Joe Horn back up in the top 20 now that he's officially healthy. Even though Aaron Brooks is throwing in NO Horn is simply too much of a playmaker and will find a way to get open.

Of course, this upcoming game against the Bears has me a bit worried but otherwise he's a pretty solid pick to overtake some of the lower on the list.

-M
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 24-Seville » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:46 pm

Hope this continues. I drafted Steve and Joey. I was pretty sure that Steve was going to be awesome. I thought Joey was going to be a very good #3 for me based on his end of year stretch last season. He has been unbelievable this year.

My WRs have been out of this world this season.

*Knocks on wood*
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
24-Seville
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FatFoot » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:47 pm

EVERYTHING depends on whether you're looking for who has the best performance from week 9 - 17, or if you're wondering who has the best year in total.

I see Engram making the list for the second half... placed pretty well up there too.

I don't share the optimism for Roy Williams... I think he's going to have a year similar to Muhsin's... 3rd WR when absolutely needed.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Kilroy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:14 pm

jayday wrote:as long as he and quarterback jeff garcia can stay healthy....i'd say roy williams can be a top 20 2nd half wr....

That's gotta be some kinda record for a hex, as "the Piano Man" will be back under center for Detroit this week.

Dunno if Galloway can keep up this pace. (Hope So, I have him on my $$$ league team).

I look for Bruce to post some solid second half numbers comin' back from "the toe".

Porter's too hit-and-miss-and-miss-and-miss for me to have too much hope for him in the second half.

Moulds could be solid IF Holcomb keeps the QB job.

I see no reason for CJ to slow down. Havin' a career year along with everyone's new favorite fantasy QB.

If Boldin only misses a game or two, the people who panicked and dropped him are gonna hurl when he comes back and goes right back to bizness. (Although the QB merry-go-round in AZ is a little unsettling.)

Just a few random opinions off the top of my empty head. :-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Shockers » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:12 pm

[quote="onnestabe]EDIT: Anyone else think Moulds might make a push to be in the top 20 by season's end?[/quote]

The Bills started out 1-3 under Losman and are now 2-2 with Holcomb. If Holcomb can keep the job, Moulds will crack the top 20. Holcomb to Moulds = 280+ yards and 3 TD's over the last 4 games. Holcomb threw his way 13 times last game alone. Losman to Moulds = 80 yards and 0 TD's.

Derrick Mason is another candidate. He looked great against the Steelers Monday night and had the ball thrown his way 12 times last week.

ROY, Andre Johnson and Darrell Jackson are all guys who will finish well, but they have to get healthy first. They are all guys worthy of holding a spot on the bench. Of all of them, D-Jax has the best chance to shine late. Hasselbeck is the best QB of the three teams and in weeks 14-16 the Seahawks face the 3rd easiest pass defense while facing the 15th ranked run defense. Meaning they will need to count on the passing game to win.
Anyone here collect football cards??? PM me for some great trading sites online.
Shockers
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby jayday » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:53 pm

i guess TO might drop out now...lol
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby ball of goof » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:40 pm

i like ernie to get more looks as leftwich gets more comfy with him and the jag's favourable sked progresses; at the expense of jimmy perhaps.
ball of goof
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk