Sweet Sixteen Week nine... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

Sweet Sixteen Week nine...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sweet Sixteen Week nine...

Postby pawnking » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:20 pm

If Houston and San Fran win, we're down to about 10 players left :-)

Seriously, I hope Jacksonville wins, beecause although I've used a bye week here, in my "money" suicide pool, I took them this weekend.
"I always try to play beautiful games" - Gary Kasparov
pawnking
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:22 pm

JAX lost to Houston 21-0 the last time they played. :-? :-o I'll assume it was in Houston, but still...maybe they give the Jags matchup problems?

With Johnson back, they could have a chance...but I hope they don't since I'm using JAX this week. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:30 pm

Houston does have their number. Last years game was played in JAX and they lost 21-0
Here are the recent outcomes:
Away/Home
HOU 21 JAX 0
JAX 6 HOU 20
HOU 0 JAX 27
JAX 20 HOU 24
JAX 24 HOU 21
HOU 21 JAX 19

HOU is 4-2 against JAX 8-o
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:18 am

Yep, and they are riding that ever-impressive 1 game winning streak! :-D

But I did see Davis is questionable, and that might hurt...but getting AJ back should hope open things up for them..assuming Carr has time to deliver it.

There are some tough games to pick this week. Those of you that stayed in have bigger kahunas than I had this week, that's for sure. ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:10 am

Yeah after seeing how many people have picked Jacksonville after me I probably would've either gone with the Giants or used my bye at this point.

But I just read on The Huddle that both Andre and Davis are questionable and likely game time decisions, so that's good :-D
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Arlo » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:50 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:There are some tough games to pick this week. Those of you that stayed in have bigger kahunas than I had this week, that's for sure. ;-D

Either that or no bye left. ;-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Shitney™ » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:54 pm

not many loses this week.. i think i saw two.. ten over cle and someone picked GB over Pitt...

however.. for all the easy wins how many people will be wishing they still had Jax or pitt to pick later in the season..

??
Shitney™
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pawnking » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:24 pm

Shitney™ wrote:not many loses this week.. i think i saw two.. ten over cle and someone picked GB over Pitt...

however.. for all the easy wins how many people will be wishing they still had Jax or pitt to pick later in the season..

??
Exactly the reason I took my bye. I figured that I could pick 2 of three, but I wasn't sure that I could pick three games without picking a team I wanted to use in the future. I figured this way, I was saving three teams for sure, whereas if I picked this week and lost one or two, by bye week would only have saved me one or two teams.

I came pretty close to picking Jax, Cleveland, and Minnesota, though, so in hindsight, I probably should have done that. What other week would you have had that kind of trifecta?
"I always try to play beautiful games" - Gary Kasparov
pawnking
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby SniperShot » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:35 pm

I went with Seattle this week even though they have a pretty easy schedule down the road with only one pick I am pretty sure I have good choices for every week. I've been down to 1 pick since week 3 and I've been playing very smart so far. We will see.

All I know is I doubt I'll be picking Indy to win over Houston this week.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:06 pm

SniperShot wrote:All I know is I doubt I'll be picking Indy to win over Houston this week.

:-?

Too many people picking that team, or do you really think Houston has a chance to knock them off at Indy?
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Cafe Games Talk