Sweet Sixteen Week nine... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

Sweet Sixteen Week nine...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:58 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
SniperShot wrote:All I know is I doubt I'll be picking Indy to win over Houston this week.

:-?

Too many people picking that team, or do you really think Houston has a chance to knock them off at Indy?

I am pretty certain I will be taking them.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Payne Dailey » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:42 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:
SniperShot wrote:All I know is I doubt I'll be picking Indy to win over Houston this week.

Too many people picking that team, or do you really think Houston has a chance to knock them off at Indy?

99.9999999999999% sure I'm picking Indy.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:45 pm

Payne Dailey wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:

I may be slightly more certain than that. :-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:43 am

If you want to have a chance at winning the Sweet 16 I think you gotta go against the grain, dont pick the best matchups for here on out, aka IND vs HOU. Everyone else will be picking them and if they win you dont gain anything and if they lose, everyone else loses, sure you are taking more of a gamble, but forget winning by picking the easiest matchups, at least that will be my strategy for now on.........this week picking SEA over RAMS in SEA.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby danleroi22 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:16 am

Payne Dailey wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:

That's where I'm at too..
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:40 pm

I was going to take the Bears over SF but I dont like the news about Thomas Jones. He may not play plus Ahmed Plummer may be back for SF which would be a huge boost to their awful secondary. So it is looking like I will be jumping on the Colts bandwagon.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:58 am

I'm using a safety week this week... I have 3 picks, but I dont really want to burn through 3 teams.... I figure if I don't make any picks, I'll go into week 11 with 1 pick and having used no teams yet...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:39 am

Alkaholik wrote:If you want to have a chance at winning the Sweet 16 I think you gotta go against the grain, dont pick the best matchups for here on out, aka IND vs HOU. Everyone else will be picking them and if they win you dont gain anything and if they lose, everyone else loses, sure you are taking more of a gamble.
That is exactly what I have been doing. 2 weeks ago I went with a game against everyone else and rooted like mad for Baltimore to win over Pittsburgh and they almost did. Houston and Indy were tied at half time last time they played and Houston looked pretty good vs JAX last week they were matching them throughout the whole game. I was holding my breath hoping they could somehow win and knock people off but nooooo. I think going with the easiest or safest pick every week is not cool. Too much of a risk, if you lose you lose along with everyone else. If you win you gain nothing because everyone else wins. Yes I know I will not be picking Indy this week. all I can say is GO HOUSTON GO.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby MeShawn » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:28 pm

I passed on Indy this week for a few reasons.

The matchup almost seems to good to be true. Too many people picking Indy has me nervous. We might be jinxing them.

Last week, with AJ back in the lineup, the Houston offense seemed to flow much better. Carr played better now that he finally had a true target. As a result, the running game was opened up so much that a mediocre RB (JWells) had a productive day. Also, Dominick will probably be playing this week. Just those three (Carr, DD, AJ) healthy makes me nervous.

I will be rooting against Indy this week, no doubt, but it doesn't neccessarily hurt me if they win. I get to save them for later in the season, while everyone is burning them early.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:43 pm

MeShawn wrote:I passed on Indy this week for a few reasons.

The matchup almost seems to good to be true. Too many people picking Indy has me nervous. We might be jinxing them.

Last week, with AJ back in the lineup, the Houston offense seemed to flow much better. Carr played better now that he finally had a true target. As a result, the running game was opened up so much that a mediocre RB (JWells) had a productive day. Also, Dominick will probably be playing this week. Just those three (Carr, DD, AJ) healthy makes me nervous.

I will be rooting against Indy this week, no doubt, but it doesn't neccessarily hurt me if they win. I get to save them for later in the season, while everyone is burning them early.

If only AJ and DD could play defense Houston would be alright. :-?
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Games Talk