Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby stikmata » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:59 am

well, shows he's not a TOTAL idiot
stikmata
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby theimitator » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:46 am

Azrael wrote:Ok. I've narrowed it down to.

Buffalo
Jacksonville
Denver
Kansas City
San Diego
Washington

Outside shots
Chicago
Minnesota
Atlanta

Anyone else want to interject?

If San Diego is gonna suspend Gates to deomstrate their stance on contract disputes, I can't see them tolerating TO at all. Plus, you think he's be happy there having to share the ball with LT2 and Gates? I don't think Marty's old ticker could handle the TO Side show.

Who's gonna throw to him in WAS? CHI?

I think it's ATL. They need a big WR. It's a big enough town for him. For a while, anyway.
14 Team w/FLX .5PPR
The Porkchop Express
QB: Carson Palmer, Vince Young
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower
WR: Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Jabar Gaffney
TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson
PK: R Gould
TD: NO, TB
theimitator
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:57 am

the only problem with all this is that philly still has some say in the matter. It would probably be worth it to pay him and suspend him than have him be th epiece that puts atlanta over the top.

he might be looking at a series of one year contracts to end his career.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:42 am

The problem is, you can't make a person sorry for what they did. Yes, you can make them issue an official apology, but if it's not heart felt, then what's the point?

Philly should have known what they were getting into when they wrestled him away from the Ravens.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VaderFin » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:50 am

Azrael wrote:I wonder who the dumbasses will be the pick him up for next year. I could see the Raiders doing it if they didn't already have Randy.

Pats - Nope
Miami - ?, I really don't think Saban wants to inject poison into the 2nd year of his plan though
Jets - don't think Herm would want him
Buffalo - ?

Cinci - Nope
Pitt - Nope
Cleveland - can't see him going here just because they suck so bad, have no QB to throw to him, and he does want to win. He will want to go to a good team.
Balt - see Cleveland

Indy - nope
Jax - ?
Tenn - ?, probably can't afford him
Hou - ?, but they already have the exact same receiver really in AJ, just not matured.

Den - ? maybe, Shanny is probably crazy enough to try it
KC - ?
SD - ?
Oak - already have Randy but who knows what Al would do

Giants - nope
Dallas - don't think Parcells would want him
Philly - bwahahaha
Wash - ?

Bears - doubt it, just gave Muhammad the world
Detroit - no, they'll draft another receiver
Minn - doubt it...if they didn't want Randy, they'd never handle TO
Green Bay - nope

Atlanta - doubt Mora would want that problem, just might be desperate for a bigtime WR though
Carolina - nope
Tampa - doubt it, already have Clayton and Galloway, and Gruden couldn't deal with Keyshawn
New Orleans - don't think so

Seattle - nope
StL - nope
AZ - nope
SF - yeah, right

Ok. I've narrowed it down to.

Buffalo
Jacksonville
Denver
Kansas City
San Diego
Washington

Outside shots
Chicago
Minnesota
Atlanta

Anyone else want to interject?

Miami will have the money to do it as they will be more then 20 million under the cap. But I think they are alot more concerned about offensive line, QB, and defense then WR.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Wesley Walker » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:51 am

onnestabe wrote:...right now they are looking at losing Westbrook and TO in the offseason, and I am sure quite a few other guys I am not aware of. They don't have proven replacements for these guys. This means that this year is the year they have a realistic shot at winning a Superbowl.

It should be pointed out that they've gone to the NFC Championship a bunch of times in a row now, having TO and Westbrook last year only. In other words, neither guy is crucial to their success as a franchise.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Re: I would like to apologize...

Postby Matthias » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:15 am

ampant wrote:What an ass he is. There are millions of guys with personalities just like his that end up working at DQ or Wal-Mart because they weren't lucky enough to be born with talent. He is pissed off at the eagles for paying him damn near 50 million over 7 years. What a sad sack of a person. If you paid me that much to do a job . . ehrm . . excuse me . . . PLAY A GAME for millions of dollars, I wouldn't bitch about out a thing.

then you're an idiot. under your logic, he shouldn't bitch if they paid him $2MM/year because he's still getting paid millions to, "play a game."

a) Randy Moss signed an 8-year, $75MM contract this year with $18MM guaranteed.
b) Terrell signed a 7-year, $48MM contract with $10MM guaranteed.
c) They're not getting paid to play a game. They're getting paid to keep themselves in peak physical condition 365 days a year. Think about that the next time you throw down a pizza.
d) There's plenty of people born with talent; there are few that put in the necessary time and effort to hone it so finely. You think that this is all he wakes up one morning like this? You, son, is ignorant.*
e) In any line of work, if you're willing to accept 25% less than someone at your level, simply because you make enough, you deserve to be underpaid (and really, it's potentially underpaid by 50% since the bonus is the only guaranteed money).
f) As Terrell pointed out in an interview once, he's never shot anybody; he's never been charged with drug possession; never charged with weapons possession; never had a DUI; never been charged with any sort of sexual assault. And he catches tons more flack than players who have. Mostly, he is villified for adding entertainment to the game (his contract crap aside).

* Intentional subject-verb disagreement to prove a point. Don't think you have a, "gotcha!"
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dolphinsrising » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:21 pm

The problem with TO is he's maliciously attempted to destroy lives and the organizations he's played in to get his way. Statements made to call out a player for being gay. Statements made to call out your quarterback putting to question his character. His statements about the 49er and Eagle organizations have been attempts to destabilize their culture of business. Sure he doesn't do drugs, hasn't been involved in some crimes other players have been but he's that still doesn't make him a good person.

As an outsider looking in it's pretty obvious that TO is a destructive influence. What's taken several years to build he's destroying in mere months. People will point injuries and other factors are mainly what's hurt the Eagles this year but his distractive nature is having an effect as well, how could it not?

I haven't read the news yet but I see he's been suspended indefinitely. Kudos to the Eagles for doing the right thing. Personally I didn't feel he left them a choice. Maybe once he gets past the poor me attitude they'll find a resolution to bring him back for the rest of the season.

Good luck TO, there aren't going to be a heck of a lot of teams interested in you and you can be sure any new contract will have a lot of verbiage concerning any public outburst you make.
dolphinsrising
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Amazinz » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:00 pm

I definitely agree with everything you say about TO but still, I will be very surprised if this suspension lasts longer than the 1 or 2 games that TO was going to miss anyway.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JtotheF » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:03 pm

dolphinsrising wrote:Sure he doesn't do drugs...

Maybe that's his problem right there. :-°
JtotheF
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk