Avatar Condensing Question? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Postby vikingsownu11 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:29 am

Can i make an avatar smaller to fit? if i can could someone do it for me or tell me how for this pic

http://images.nfl.com/photos/news/img7735142.jpg
vikingsownu11
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rover » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:51 am

Other than using Commercial software like PSP and Photoshop you can use a free image software app like xnview which has some image editing options. You can download it from download.com: http://www.download.com/XnView/3000-2192_4-10414429.html?tag=lst-0-1

The above link is for the Windows version. If you need it for Mac or something else I believe other versions can be found at http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pierre.g/xnview/endownload.html The software for other operating systems may be different from Windows versions so the directions I give below may not work exactly the same.

Once you download and install xnview , you can open an image and do the following. Under the Image drop down menu (third from left after file and edit menus) you can select the option to "Resize". Then to make the image less blurry after resizing you can go to the Filter menu and select "Effects". If you scroll down to "Misc." options you can use the Sharpen filter. It has a slider to adjust the strength of the effect.

When you are finished you can go to the File menu and select "Save As". JPG is normally the default option when you save but it can be selected under the Save as type list below where you can type in a file name. To control the quality of the image you can select the "Options" button in the "Save As" box. I hope this helps more than confuses being the it takes too many words for me to explain everything. It's really a lot simpler than it may seem.
Rover
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:06 pm

Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby jayday » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:11 pm

save it to your computer....then go to your profile and load it from there....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests