Terrell Owens suspended indefinately - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Terrell Owens suspended indefinately

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:04 pm

man, bag coming up big here.

of course, he will go to the cowboys -- win the super bowl, then the following year do this.

The fact is, if everyone else had to do this the right way -- and yes, donovan, dawkins, westbrook, trotter, michael lewis, lito, sheldon etc have to wait for their extensions, and play ball in the interim -- why hsouldn't owens?

you didn't hear some BS that westbrook or trotter "outperformed" their contract. And trotter did -- if you believe in that.

McNabb didn't pull this after making the super bowl etc. It's just not that kind of team.

And I'm glad Reid won't stand for it. My dad (he came down for the Skins/eagles game, just moved to DC) and I were talking and we kept saying "cowher would never take this BS, Bellicheck wouldn't, the Tuna wouldn't" and then it hits you. Those guys have the success they had for a reason.

And DESPITE my postings to the otherwise -- I am now convinced that the Eagles should have just gotten hines ward instead of owens. Christ, that guy handled things so differently and his smiling ways would really fit with donovan.

Sigh, to think that they could have had chad johnson instead of mitchell, and all this would have been avoided...
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby longshots » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:07 pm

bagobonez wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:you cant let one player run your team. i applaud the eagles for having the balls to suspend this guy. It will most defintely hurt their offensive production but it will be interesting to see how well they can do without this cancerous tumor of a player.

I agree 100%. If you let a guy continually rip your team it makes your organization look like a joke if you do nothing about it...NOT vice versa. This is absolutely the right move...and hey, they aren't gauranteed a playoff spot right now anyway. They are 4-3 tied for last in their division. This had to be done...and if you ask the players I bet they agree with this 100%.

Just like the Vikings would get better without Randy Moss? What a joke that was. And what a joke of a notion that somehow the Eagles will get better without TO. How does this help the running game? How does this help the defense? How does this help McNabb? Answer: it doesn't. All it does is hurt the team. Of course its a great move for you, you are a COWBOYS FAN. But its an downright idiotic move by the Eagles, and anyone who thinks that it is a good one is off their rocker.

It's not a good move short term, but it is long term. No player is bigger than the team, and as soon as you start letting one act like he is, then the entire team is divided against itself. The great teams in the NFL have unity and chemistry, and Owens is nothing but a cancer. True, the Eagles can win more games this year with him, but they'll be better off in the long run by cutting their losses.

I agree ;-D ;-D The team is bigger than the player :-)
longshots
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:13 pm

especially seeing as how they were within one game of the super bowl without him. faults and all, they did something right all those years. (and yes haters, had a dash of luck)
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:55 pm

Whatever. When the Eagles start losing we'll see the Eagle fans start to change their stripes. Enjoy the losses.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:13 am

hey man, we dealt through kotite and 3-13. this is gravy really. no one will admit it now, but it is ...

the fact is, it almost panned out, and it didn't. now TO's name is dragged through the mud, and the team is no worse than it was in 2003, when it started 4-3, after getting creamed by TB, NE and Rush Limbaugh decided to weigh in, while donovan had a screwed thumb. I think reid and donovan can make something happen.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby octagon999 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:20 am

The guy who used his number one pick for Peyton manning, used his number 2 pick for TO. :)
octagon999
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 8)

Postby ultra-buc's » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:23 am

34=Sweetness wrote:Whatever. When the Eagles start losing we'll see the Eagle fans start to change their stripes. Enjoy the losses.

I agree... the skins are wayyy hungrier for a win this weekend. when the eagles miss the playoff's, they'll blame it on the lack of the only real weapon on the dismal one dimensional offense. there's no way eagle fans could possibly put their faith in westbrook, LJ, and Reggie... the reason they did so well last year was the D, which isn't even close to being the powerhouse they were the past few seasons... TO will be missed. WERD!
ultra-buc's
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Warpigs » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:12 am

ultra-buc's wrote:you know... i'm all for sportsmanship, but what ever happened to FREE SPEECH??? T.O. can't voice his opinion without the media blowing it up, and him getting suspended, thrown outta camp, etc...??? Maybe what he's saying isn't palatable to McNabb, Reid or the Eagles... but he earns the right to say it by being an AMERICAN. Things like that have been fought in court systems and WON... You think the Colt's would suspend Manning if he threw a fit over not throwing his 9 millionth pass of his career? Hell no... Let the guy play. Thats what should speak for itself... He's a hell of a reciever, and puts himself out there to make the play... oh yeah, I don't even own him.

Sorry, but you lost some brownie points with this comment. Specifically "T.O. can't voice his opinion without the media blowing it up, and him getting suspended, thrown outta camp, etc...???"

So the MEDIA got him suspended, thrown outta camp, etc.? Yes, the media may have blown things out of proportion -- they always do -- but TO and you can't place the blame on the MEDIA for him being suspended. He made the comments, he was consequenced, plain and simple. Stop being such an enabler.

Overall, I'm having trouble following ultra-buc and others in this thread who keep trying to drive home the fact that the Eagles are idiots for suspending TO because they're going to lose games. I'm sure they already know that they have less chance of winning games now. It doesn't take rocket science. They didn't make this move to improve their chances of winning against the Redskins Sunday night. They made this move because they are a business and one of their employers stepped out of line. As the primary supervisor where I work, I know for a fact that if one of our employees goes out and starts bad-mouthing the company, they'll be left go altogether. If you're not man enough to come to your supervisor and handle the situation appropriately -- and instead run to the media and start throwing around comments like some fifth grader on the school playground during recess -- then you deserve to be suspended, fired, etc. I feel no sympathy for TO, and I don't think people should try to justify this by blaming other parties.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:28 am

First off, the Eagles have nobody to blame but themselves for the situation at hand. They knew what they were getting into when they hired him. All the crap he pulled in San Fran and Baltimore should have been red flags enough to sway the Eagles from ever signing him. Perhaps now, NFL teams will truly take notice of this moron and make it a point to never let him play in the NFL again. Seriously, how many teams will continue to give him a chance to play in the NFL before they realize he's a cancer? It's senseless to say, "he's so talented that we just have to have him." The Niners wanted him and then couldn't wait to get rid of him for all of his childish antics. Once they did trade him, he raised such a stink that the Ravens had no choice but to get rid of him. Which brings us to our current situation...and I don't think I need to elaborate anymore on that.

As for Owens, what a shame indeed that such a talented player has to waste his career and his Hall of Fame credentials on unfiltered ego. I truly don't think he will become an NFL Hall of Famer. His stupidity and his ego will prevent him from entering Canton's door without purchasing a ticket. And even if he does get to the Hall of Fame some day, what team's bust will he go in with? Certainly not the Niners, and after recent events, surely not the Eagles.

So he says he wants to play with Peyton Manning, eh? Do you really think a class act like Peyton Manning will want a moron like Owens to play on his team? Never. I have a better chance of winning the lottery than Owens does at playing with Peyton Manning and the Colts. I certainly hope Terrell Owens enjoys looking at himself in the mirror, because he'll have the rest of his life to do it, while NFL teams move on without him.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby kawaihae11 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:19 am

I'm dying to know if a reporter has ever asked TO "After all that happened in San Fran, and now in Philly, do you ever think that it might be YOU?"
I'd love to hear his response to that one...
kawaihae11
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk