Terrell Owens suspended indefinately - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Terrell Owens suspended indefinately

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Warhawk » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:55 am

Not sure if anyone posted this yet:

Nov 6 Mark Eckel, of the Trenton Times, reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Terrell Owens had a fistfight with former defensive end and current team ambassador Hugh Douglas. The fight occurred in front of several of his teammates. According to one of the sources the Owens-Douglas fight "was like WWE Smackdown." Another source said both men threw at least two punches during the altercation and when it was over Owens challenged QB Donovan McNabb first and then everyone else in the room saying, "You want some. Anyone else want some." The Eagles refused to comment about the situation, other than the statement that revealed Owens' suspension. Owens and Douglas have been at odds since training camp and almost got into an altercation in an elevator at Lehigh University.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:31 am

Just saw on ESPN that T.O. was wearing a Michael Irvin jersey at last weekend's Cowboys game.. Now, I know it's stylish to wear classic jerseys, but picking a Cowboys jersey the day the Eagles play the Cowboys says it all.

Nevermind, I read an article explaining it. Apparently, Michael Irvin made T.O. a bet. ESPN didn't mention that in the blog I saw. They were just listing all of his indiscretions. Whether he lost a bet or not, it was still inappropriate and disrespectful. You're a professional. Act like it.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby zzViper » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:06 am

Warhawk wrote:Not sure if anyone posted this yet:

Nov 6 Mark Eckel, of the Trenton Times, reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Terrell Owens had a fistfight with former defensive end and current team ambassador Hugh Douglas. The fight occurred in front of several of his teammates. According to one of the sources the Owens-Douglas fight "was like WWE Smackdown." Another source said both men threw at least two punches during the altercation and when it was over Owens challenged QB Donovan McNabb first and then everyone else in the room saying, "You want some. Anyone else want some." The Eagles refused to comment about the situation, other than the statement that revealed Owens' suspension. Owens and Douglas have been at odds since training camp and almost got into an altercation in an elevator at Lehigh University.

Saw the story posted and found a link:
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

ESPN is reporting the story this morning.
Last edited by zzViper on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
zzViper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby gatorman1122 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:06 am

Wow...
WR Will Not Play As Eagle Again

According to John Clayton from ESPN Terrell Owens will not play again this season as an Eagle. If he is not moved to another team, he will sit out the remainder of the season.

http://www.xpertsports.com
Submitted on Nov 6, 11:00 am
By Xpert Sports Correspondent rock753

I personally think the Eagles should trade/move TO to the Ravens (or maybe the 49ers :-b), the team that TO didn't want to go to. Alex Smith and Anthony Wright/Kyle Boller make McNabb look pretty good.
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:01 pm

Reading all the above posts,,,,I couldn't help myself thinking about which team would sign/trade for him,,honestly,,,I can't think of much,,,,I mean I can think of a couple teams that would sign him but those would be the teams that he probably wouldn't sign with.....

so think about,,what coach/GM/owner/QB even would want him.......Texans???..hmmm...im thinking,,,,wait,,,,,,um raiders,,,,,,,,ahhh.....Saints???? Buffalo?????StLouis????

very odd thoughts.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby defianthart » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:30 pm

damn, TO has really basically ruined his career. its a shame to see someone with so much talent throw it down the drain...
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:40 pm

All you guys out there still say he doesn't deserve a suspension? I can hear it now...' They should just let the players handle it within themsleves.' ...' it's ok if TO kicks everyone on his teams a**. he's the best player so thats his right.'...Anyone that doesn't think the Eagles are right for suspending him doesn't know the sports or business worlds.

By the way, I am a Cowboys fan. I do like the fact the Eagles don't have owens in the lineup. But if i truly thought it was a dumb move i would definately take the opportunity to rip the Eagles organization. But i'm not going to, other than asking what the hell took so long?
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby awwchrist » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:46 pm

he'll be back on the field.

I can't imagine this will persist long.

signed,

Owens owner.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flreefer » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:48 pm

My season is done without this POS, my bad for selecting his ugly AXX.

No Priest, no Owens, my top 2 picks
Brady, Hasselbeck,
M. Anderson, R. Moats, W. Parker, J. Wells, T J Duckett.
T. Holt, A. Boldin, Reggie Brown, Engram
J. Brown
Bears

RIP: T. Owens and P. Holmes

RECORD: 10-4
flreefer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jayday » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:04 pm

jayday wrote:
theimitator wrote:what's a good play, then? picking up brown or G Lewis?

IMO....brown...

BWAHAHA }:-)

i am the ww king :-D
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk