Thoughts on Roy Williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thoughts on Roy Williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thoughts on Roy Williams

Postby smackthefirst » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:00 pm

Haven't heard anything new on the injury. This week is completely up in the air. Roy sat out Friday after practicing Wednesday and Thursday. So I'm thinking that they probably rested him Friday just to be fresher. But then again it is a quad.

But what does everyone think his value is from here on out? Does he get past this injury or does it plague him all year? If he does recover, what type of number do you see from him down the stretch?

The QB scenario concerns me, but their schedule makes me want to hear some more thoughts.

From here on out it is:
@Min
Ari
@Dal
Atl
Min
@GB
Cin
@NO
@Pit

The Pit game doesn't concern most of us because it is week 17. But 2 games against Minny, and one against Ari/GB/NO is a nice schedule.

Does anyone see him as a good buy low at this point like I do?
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:25 pm

smack, I have been coveting roy in my main money league for just this fact. i think he is a really good buy low candidate right now. i haven't made a move, but the guy that owns him in my league had ahman, so i'm thinking of offering tony fisher for roy straight up...(he has steve smith, santana moss, and marvin harrison and only LT, duckett, and bell) so I think that's a pretty sexy situation to try to buy low on roy as he's uselessly sitting on him.
and with the way the TO situation has become I am really starting to get motivated to try to move on this.

I was trying to wait until he lost his patience in him and dropped roy, but it doesn't appear that it's going to happen, so I'm going to have to offer. I'd like to see what situation you and the roy owner are in to see what type of offer you might need to make.

but yes, to answer your question, I would go after roy. I think he will be huge in the second half, and I think he should probably get on the field a little this week and be back to close to 100% in 2 - 3 weeks.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby jayday » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:12 am

I already made the move to get him.......i think he'll be a good 2nd half receiver...as long as he has a qb...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby DGroundhog » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:53 am

I wish he were healthy since I could really use him this week, but he tweaked the injury towards the end of practice on Thursday and that is why he didn't practice Friday. He'll (try to) play, but who knows how far he'll go.

Risky play this week, but yeah, his schedule looks good. All he needs now is to get healthy and sign a QB worth a damn.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Keeper1125 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:34 am

You'll never be able to rely on ANY Detroit WR until they find a quarterback. It doesn't matter who they're playing.
Keeper1125
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jbones733 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:54 am

hes a bum, i dont think hes plkaying this week, he got hurt again in practice Thursday & Harrington back in the saddle, if you kept Roy this long , you have great patience

& im someone who did, but id trade him for anything decent
SUPERBOWL , Who so start at Wide out ???? please help

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=382588

jbones733
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk