Dummy in the HOV lane gets busted - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Dummy in the HOV lane gets busted

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dummy in the HOV lane gets busted

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:01 pm

Not sure if you guys saw this...Thought it was pretty funny.

Link is here

Motorist fined $351 for dummy in car-pool lane
Police officer noticed legless mannequin wearing Miami Dolphins jacket

Updated: 12:14 p.m. ET Nov. 4, 2005

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. - Say what you want about police officers, but they are no dummies. The California Highway Patrol gave Kevin Morgan, 28, of Petaluma, a $351 citation for driving in a high occupancy vehicle or "HOV" lane with a kickboxing dummy propped in the passenger seat.

The dummy was wearing a Miami Dolphins windbreaker and a baseball cap, but Officer Will Thompson noticed that the "passenger" had no legs.

"When I looked inside his window, I thought, 'Oh, that's cute,'" Thompson said. "I didn't even ask him where he got it. I think he was pretty embarrassed because all the people driving by were laughing."

Thompson often parks next to a car pool lane and stands on his car door rail to look down into passing vehicles.

His point of view allowed him to see the legless dummy.

"I think about the only thing he said was, 'Well, that didn't help me very much today, did it?'" Thompson said. "I said, 'No, it didn't.'

Thompson then placed the dummy on a freeway shoulder to deter other commuters from similar schemes.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby footballchick23 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:04 pm

See what traffic in California drives people to do? :-) I can't imagine there's that much traffic in Petaluma, but you never know. Wasn't there someone who got caught driving a hearse with a body in it in the carpool lane? I wonder if he got fined or not?
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Dummy in the HOV lane gets busted

Postby VaderFin » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:33 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Not sure if you guys saw this...Thought it was pretty funny.

Link is here

Motorist fined $351 for dummy in car-pool lane
Police officer noticed legless mannequin wearing Miami Dolphins jacket

Updated: 12:14 p.m. ET Nov. 4, 2005

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. - Say what you want about police officers, but they are no dummies. The California Highway Patrol gave Kevin Morgan, 28, of Petaluma, a $351 citation for driving in a high occupancy vehicle or "HOV" lane with a kickboxing dummy propped in the passenger seat.

The dummy was wearing a Miami Dolphins windbreaker and a baseball cap, but Officer Will Thompson noticed that the "passenger" had no legs.

"When I looked inside his window, I thought, 'Oh, that's cute,'" Thompson said. "I didn't even ask him where he got it. I think he was pretty embarrassed because all the people driving by were laughing."

Thompson often parks next to a car pool lane and stands on his car door rail to look down into passing vehicles.

His point of view allowed him to see the legless dummy.

"I think about the only thing he said was, 'Well, that didn't help me very much today, did it?'" Thompson said. "I said, 'No, it didn't.'

Thompson then placed the dummy on a freeway shoulder to deter other commuters from similar schemes.

;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby defianthart » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:42 am

he should have just bought a prostitute to ride with him like larry david on curb your enthusiasm and he wouldnt have to worry about this
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Homeless » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:08 am

Man I cant tell you how many times I thought of doing that in Atlanta! :-?

Lucky for me I dont have to sit in the traffic jams every day.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Return to General Talk