Owens got into a fist fight with Hugh Douglas! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Owens got into a fist fight with Hugh Douglas!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BrutallyHuge » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:40 pm

Amazinz wrote:
fantasizing wrote:If they drop TO from the roster, can/will another team still pick him up THIS year?

If they waive him.

They won't though. No sense in providing a piece to another team's puzzle...unless the 49ers or Jets grab him.

They'll just deactivate him all year like Tampa did to Keyshawn.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:49 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
fantasizing wrote:If they drop TO from the roster, can/will another team still pick him up THIS year?

If they waive him.

They won't though. No sense in providing a piece to another team's puzzle...unless the 49ers or Jets grab him.

They'll just deactivate him all year like Tampa did to Keyshawn.

I agree that it's unlikely but waiver claims are processed in reverse order of the standings. So it's not like the Eagles would be sending him to a contender.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VaderFin » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:56 pm

Shocking.....NOT.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:54 pm

maddog60 wrote:
onnestabe wrote:They will have people ripping the seats out of the stadium to throw at TO.

This is Philly, so don't joke. You're not exaggerating much, if at all (it depends how secured those seats are).

I haven't seen anything confirming this story, but if its true, it certainly explains the indefinite suspension after the apology. Also, TO is just plain stupid to get into a fist fight with Hugh. Hugh is one big boy, I'd love to see him and TO in a special edition of Smackdown.

Yeah Philly is in a lose-lose situation. Either they lose and get booed, or they put out TO and still get booed.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SAVAGE WAYZ » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:24 pm

Also, TO is just plain stupid to get into a fist fight with Hugh. Hugh is one big boy, I'd love to see him and TO in a special edition of Smackdown.

From what Jay Glazer reported, Douglas & TO were jawing w/each other while TO was in the pool. TO left to go put on some shoes for, get this....better traction to fight. Douglas & TO go at it. Douglas threw 1 punch & missed, TO threw at least 6 punches & connected with at least 2.

LOL @ putting on shoes for better traction
SAVAGE WAYZ
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Postby bagobonez » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:12 pm

I don't know if this guy will ever play football again. He has dug himself a grave so deep he may never get out of it. It's well known how strict the Eagles front office is. If they weren't able to keep Owens corraled, then why would any other team take a chance on him? Especially considering the risk they would have to take financially (just like Philly did). So then you've got teams that are willing to give Owens a shot, but at a MUCH, MUCH smaller salary, and I don't see Owens swallowing his pride enough to play for chump change.

His career may very well be over, not just as an Eagle, but for good.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MrHokeyPokey » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:55 pm

bagobonez wrote:

I don't know if this guy will ever play football again. He has dug himself a grave so deep he may never get out of it. It's well known how strict the Eagles front office is. If they weren't able to keep Owens corraled, then why would any other team take a chance on him? Especially considering the risk they would have to take financially (just like Philly did). So then you've got teams that are willing to give Owens a shot, but at a MUCH, MUCH smaller salary, and I don't see Owens swallowing his pride enough to play for chump change.

You don't know much about football do you.

Saying that his career may be over is almost as dumb as him getting in a fight in a "rehab" room. There is no chance one of the top 3 or even the #1 receiver in the NFL won't get picked up by somebody.

My Take: They will keyshawn is ass and he'll get picked up by the Green Bay Packers in the offseason.
MrHokeyPokey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby flreefer » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:59 pm

I hope it is over for good.

He screwed me in my fantasy league, I took a chance on him and he busted my nuts. I am a well known gambler and will take high risk reward cases. This is a lost cause now, I doubt I caqn come back to win the league now.

I am 2nd in points(top 6 make the playoffs)
Holmes possibly out for the season
Owens out for the season(inactive)Only a miracle saves him
Bolding out for 2 to 4 weeks
Parker either hurt or who knows(Staley did all the work today)
Hasselbeck mediocre
Brady mediocre
C. Martin Playing for a loosing team
C. taylor(still at the mercy of Lewis and with a team Schreded)
Engram(mediocre)
Stokely(A joke this season, EJ is now in command)

So...Can I win the season with M. Anderson, Rackers, the Bears DEF and Holt? I think not!!!

I am done!!!

I have won the last 3 super bowls, I guess is not meant to be for me to win 4 in a row.

It has been fun it has been real...but,
Brady, Hasselbeck,
M. Anderson, R. Moats, W. Parker, J. Wells, T J Duckett.
T. Holt, A. Boldin, Reggie Brown, Engram
J. Brown
Bears

RIP: T. Owens and P. Holmes

RECORD: 10-4
flreefer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby bagobonez » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:45 pm

MrHokeyPokey wrote:
bagobonez wrote:

You don't know much about football do you.

Saying that his career may be over is almost as dumb as him getting in a fight in a "rehab" room. There is no chance one of the top 3 or even the #1 receiver in the NFL won't get picked up by somebody.

My Take: They will keyshawn is ass and he'll get picked up by the Green Bay Packers in the offseason.

Actually I know quite a bit about football, thank you very much. In case you didn't notice, Owens wants to be the highest paid PLAYER in the NFL, not just the highest paid wide receiver. I don't know of too many teams willing to dish out "Peyton Manning" money for a troublesome wide receiver, and one that is clearly a cancer in the locker room.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lushcrush » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:15 pm

SAVAGE WAYZ wrote:
From what Jay Glazer reported, Douglas & TO were jawing w/each other while TO was in the pool. TO left to go put on some shoes for, get this....better traction to fight. Douglas & TO go at it. Douglas threw 1 punch & missed, TO threw at least 6 punches & connected with at least 2.

LOL @ putting on shoes for better traction

I had to do that one morning. A long time ago I told a trashy old man down the road from my house I was gonna whip his ass. He didn't want to fight, but did send his son down the next morning about 6 AM. The kid wakes me up banging on the door, and when I open the door he's standing there saying "I came down to whip your ass". I said "Hold on a minute, let me put my boots on" ... ha ha ha. I haven't thought about that in a long time.
Sounds like TO might have stroked HD a time or two. Good for him.
Beats the alternative ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk