Eagles better with Favre? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eagles better with Favre?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Do you agree with Irvin that the Eagles would be undefeated with Favre?

Yes
28%
No
41%
I don't want to agree with Irvin and TO but the Eagles would be better with Favre instead of McNabb
31%

Total votes : 58

Postby maddog60 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:44 pm

The only reason they'd be better is because McNabb is injured. If its between having McNabb, whose still in his prime, or Favre, whose best years are long gone, I'll take McNabb every time.

No way they would be undefeated. Case in point, last week, as bad as the offense looked early on, the offensive line wasn't giving any time to McNabb, and the defense didn't force one FG, letting up 49 points. Even the Colts last year couldn't expect Manning to pull out a win on a perfect day if they gave up 49 points.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cooner » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:21 pm

so i'm a little surprised... everyone is posting exactly what i'm thinking... a healthy Favre would be an improvement over an ailing McNabb, but they wouldn't be undefeated... yet the poll is running about even.

Those who say "yes" or "no", where are you? :-°
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby drsteuss » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:34 am

If you think the Eagles would be better with Favre, then you know nothing about football. Favre doesn't play for a 1-7 team just by coincidence.

Has Brett Favre been to four consecutive NFC title games? Get a brain, people.
aka Big Daddy Drew, Kissing Suzy Kolber
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moonhead » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:46 am

drsteuss wrote:If you think the Eagles would be better with Favre, then you know nothing about football. Favre doesn't play for a 1-7 team just by coincidence.

so, this football, that you speak of...it is a one man game?:-? ;-7
i really question your football knowledge after a statement like that.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby drsteuss » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:03 pm

moonhead wrote:
drsteuss wrote:If you think the Eagles would be better with Favre, then you know nothing about football. Favre doesn't play for a 1-7 team just by coincidence.

Question it all you want.

Over the past four years Favre has been a erratic QB prone to making boneheaded passes, particularly in the playoffs.

And this year Favre has often played poorly, and the Packers' 1-7 record is as much his responsibility as his teammates'.

Or am I just supposed to say Favre is great and my bestest friend in the whole wide world like every media suckup out there?

Sorry. McNabb, while not perfect himself, is the better QB.
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:20 pm

moonhead wrote:

agreed. Using records to defend which QB is better? That pretty much goes against everything I know about how to rate players.

Favre is a better QB than McNabb - he's more accurate, a better leader, he's smarter, and he's more durable.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:27 pm

drsteuss wrote:
moonhead wrote:

Over the past four years Favre has been a erratic QB prone to making boneheaded passes, particularly in the playoffs.

And this year Favre has often played poorly, and the Packers' 1-7 record is as much his responsibility as his teammates'.

Or am I just supposed to say Favre is great and my bestest friend in the whole wide world like every media suckup out there?

9 man blitz:

Favre = touchdown
McNabb = throw in the dirt
---

P.S. how can you prefer the guy who was tired in the Super Bowl over the guy who has won? I don't know about you Eagle's fans, but I got a sick feeling in my stomach watching McNabb walk to the line of scrimmage when his team was down by 10 with 4 minutes left in the freaking Super Bowl..
Last edited by Kensat30 on Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby drsteuss » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:27 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
moonhead wrote:

agreed. Using records to defend which QB is better? That pretty much goes against everything I know about how to rate players.

Favre is a better QB than McNabb - he's more accurate, a better leader, he's smarter, and he's more durable.

Using records is wrong? So I'm supposed to assume that Favre has nothing to do with the Pack being 1-7? And am I supposed to throw out Super Bowls when we discuss Peyton Manning vs. Tom Brady? You really think winning and losing goes against everything involved with evaluating players? That's a load.

And Favre is smarter than McNabb? How can you possibly know that? What kind of BS is that? McNabb isn't the one who'll blindly throw into triple coverage during a playoff game because he thinks he can get away with it. Tell me again what makes Favre such an Einstein?

But please, slurp away on precious Brett all you want. I'm sure John Madden will happily join you.
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby drsteuss » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:29 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
drsteuss wrote:
moonhead wrote:

9 man blitz:

Favre = touchdown

Oh, well that conviced me. I should always listen to blind generalizations like that. Especially since Favre threw FIVE interceptions only two weeks ago against the Cincy blitz.
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:35 pm

drsteuss wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
drsteuss wrote:
moonhead wrote:

9 man blitz:

Favre = touchdown

Oh, well that conviced me. I should always listen to blind generalizations like that. Especially since Favre threw FIVE interceptions only two weeks ago against the Cincy blitz.

Did you see McNabb's first series against the Bronco's last week? They had 9 men on the line of scrimmage for 3 straight plays to start the game, and McNabb threw it in the dirt 3 times. I'd love to see a defense dare Favre to beat them like that....
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk