A couple ways for the Ravens to win. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Baltimore Ravens

A couple ways for the Ravens to win.

Moderator: Football Moderators

A couple ways for the Ravens to win.

Postby somasoul » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:34 pm

Seeing as how the season is basically over for our team I think I have some good ideas to help us win so it's not a total wash.

AnthonyWright: Anthony Wright is about as good a quarterback as the Ravens have ever had.........seriously, which just goes to show how bad we've had it. Anthony Wright is pretty good moving the ball downfield but when he's in the red zone he's like Mr. Bean, an incompetent moron with nothing to say. I like Anthony, I really do, but whatever happens don't let him have the ball past the 15 yard line. If he shoots for the end zone one of several things will happen.

In order of likelyhood.........

A) The ball will be intercepted.
B) Anthony will be sacked for a 47 yard loss.
C) Anthony will throw the ball too high.
D) If a receiver is open he will throw the ball to someone in triple coverage.

While Big Ben is like a rabbit's foot or a good luck charm, Anthony Wright is the equivilent of a voodoo hex when in the red zone. I seriously expect him to be sacked and throw an interception on the same play this year, I know that is an football impossibility but the football gods can break any rules they please when Wright is in the game, including having a Stalinist-like propaganda parade erupt on the two-yard line. Anything, however absurd, is possible when Anthony has the ball in the red zone.

Kordell Stewart: Hell, let's line this guy up at wide reciever whenever possible. He can run and catch and complain........all three are requirements for good wide recievers. Just look at T.O. and Randy Moss......all they are good for is running, catching and complaining. Kordell is great at all three, he's a perfect genetic being, designed for catching.

When Anthony Wright gets the ball within the 15 yard line take him out of the game, put in Kordell. Why not? We all know the statistical odds of Wright scoring or doing anything good in there. This move would confuse the defense, something our defense is good at. And while replacing QBs like this conteracts all past thought in football logic, when your team is this bad the only logical thing to do is be illogical.

Ray Lewis: Ray Lewis might just be the most athletic player ever in the NFL. Let's line him up at Fullback because we are weak there right now. Seriously, who better to knock guys over for our struggling Jamal then the big, fast guy who knifed a couple guys six years ago? While we are at it why not line him up at Tight End, Wide Reciever, Short-Stop..........wherever. Who cares? At this point we can do whatever we like.

Ex-Ravens:Why not pick up the phone and give some old guys a call? Elvis Grbac, Michael Jackson and Jermaine Lewis come to mind. Maybe we can line these guys up at Strong Safety or something or give them an oboe and have them join the M & T Bank Band. Whatever happens can't be bad because we are so bad now. Honestly, who wouldn't like to see Elvis Grbac replace that Vincent character at Right Gaurd? Or see Michael Jackson on the field in a cheerleader's outfit (He always had nice legs)?

Everyone Else: For the love of God, stop commiting stupid penelties when the opposing team has third down. You know, the penelties that give them a first down? Just stop, okay?
somasoul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:34 am

haha nice post bro...you are spot on with almost everything you mentioned.

speaking of wright...is it just me or does he not target heap very often? he figured out mason is a stud...which is a great thing, but it seems like heap is really a non-factor....i do remember him getting targeted on that last throw of the game tho...you know the one wright threw about 10 feet over his head and out of the back of the endzone.

i say if we dont take a QB first round next year we are crazy, and at this pace we could finish bad enough to land leinart. i really want that guy!! :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:53 am

When Kordell Stewart was in the game I was entranced. Once I saw Wright come back in I fell asleep again. Ravens would have had a better shot a winning with Stewart in.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby black_hawk8888 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:10 pm

Leinart would be terrific but I think Brady Quinn will be just as good and he'll come later in the first round so the Ravens could trade down a bit possibly and get an extra pick in the 3rd or something for a sleeper WR like Chris Henry or Reggie Brown to complement Mason.
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:47 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:haha nice post bro...you are spot on with almost everything you mentioned.

speaking of wright...is it just me or does he not target heap very often? he figured out mason is a stud...which is a great thing, but it seems like heap is really a non-factor....i do remember him getting targeted on that last throw of the game tho...you know the one wright threw about 10 feet over his head and out of the back of the endzone.

i say if we dont take a QB first round next year we are crazy, and at this pace we could finish bad enough to land leinart. i really want that guy!! :-)

Nothing warms my heart like Raven's fans talking about the #1 or 2 overall pick next year....lol

Now, with that said would you like to trade down to the 5th spot with us :-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:19 pm

black_hawk8888 wrote:Leinart would be terrific but I think Brady Quinn will be just as good and he'll come later in the first round so the Ravens could trade down a bit possibly and get an extra pick in the 3rd or something for a sleeper WR like Chris Henry or Reggie Brown to complement Mason.

speaking of...whats up with that guys attititude?? i cant believe how disrespectful he was being to lewis after he got his unsportmanlike....not even looking at him when he was being talked to... he seems like a bonafide punk.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dave416 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:40 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
black_hawk8888 wrote:Leinart would be terrific but I think Brady Quinn will be just as good and he'll come later in the first round so the Ravens could trade down a bit possibly and get an extra pick in the 3rd or something for a sleeper WR like Chris Henry or Reggie Brown to complement Mason.

speaking of...whats up with that guys attititude?? i cant believe how disrespectful he was being to lewis after he got his unsportmanlike....not even looking at him when he was being talked to... he seems like a bonafide punk.

I guess that is what you get when you draft 1st round talent with an attitude....hopefully Lewis striaghtens him out eventually. He will learn soon that he has to learn to be a technical route runner instead of using pure speed. He's good, but he will have to grow up.

His 15 yard penalty almost put the Ravens right back in it at the end. :-t
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby SheLovesFootball » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:19 pm

Oh man.. funny stuff Soma!! It is good that we can still laugh when the team is this bad.... <shrug>

my husband has nicknamed AW 'the coup' because he always tries to overthrow people!!

Billick's press conference today was pretty good.. when asked about his feelings on the 1st half of the season.. he said IT SUCKED! ahahahha!!!
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby PACKman1144 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:10 pm

SheLovesFootball wrote:Oh man.. funny stuff Soma!! It is good that we can still laugh when the team is this bad.... <shrug>

my husband has nicknamed AW 'the coup' because he always tries to overthrow people!!

Billick's press conference today was pretty good.. when asked about his feelings on the 1st half of the season.. he said IT SUCKED! ahahahha!!!

I'm not a huge fan of his press conferences. All you get is a whole lot of nothing. He talks around everything and uses big words that he can't spell.

I am really starting to think a whole bunch of this is Billicks fault. We have waaayy too much talent to have this crummy of a team. The playoffs are already out of reach. Lets lose out and get the #1 pick... I'm getting ready to order my number 11 Raven's jersey ;-)
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby SheLovesFootball » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:29 pm

PACKman1144 wrote: I'm not a huge fan of his press conferences. All you get is a whole lot of nothing. He talks around everything and uses big words that he can't spell.

I am really starting to think a whole bunch of this is Billicks fault. We have waaayy too much talent to have this crummy of a team. The playoffs are already out of reach. Lets lose out and get the #1 pick... I'm getting ready to order my number 11 Raven's jersey ;-)

Actually, his press conference was pretty humble and realistic for BB.... SUCKED sure wasnt a word I expected for his assessment of the 1st half... I was waiting for his coined phrases... they didnt come.. he didnt even give Boller the nod for next season .. I think change is eminent!

Sometimes too much talent is also a sign of too many ego's... I think BB has his share of the blame.. but I also believe that there is a lot of turmoil on this team that many of us are not privy to hearing about that has created quite a stir... a friend of mine has a very high up "source" that has shared some information that eventually has leaked out and been confirmed... the Ravens lockerroom and chemistry is FUBAR....

I personally think BB is a good coach.. I think he has lost his effectiveness with this group of athletes.... I also think that he should be granted time to turn it around before allowing him to walk... who else would you suggest bringing in as a coach?? Not many out there that would be acceptable?! Pitt didnt dump the Chin after the 6-10 season... Shannahan is still in Denver after a few poor seasons...

And.. we have Patrick Johnson donning #11.... wait on that jersey until they drop PJ :)
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Baltimore Ravens