A couple ways for the Ravens to win. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Baltimore Ravens

A couple ways for the Ravens to win.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:12 am

SheLovesFootball wrote:I personally think BB is a good coach.. I think he has lost his effectiveness with this group of athletes.... I also think that he should be granted time to turn it around before allowing him to walk... who else would you suggest bringing in as a coach?? Not many out there that would be acceptable?! Pitt didnt dump the Chin after the 6-10 season... Shannahan is still in Denver after a few poor seasons...

I think the ineptness of the Ravens O stems from the man love that Billick has for the worthless fossil. But you know Billick won't fire his buddy, so unless they both leave I gurantee a future of offensive futility, no matter who starts for them.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PACKman1144 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:19 pm

SheLovesFootball wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote: I'm not a huge fan of his press conferences. All you get is a whole lot of nothing. He talks around everything and uses big words that he can't spell.

I am really starting to think a whole bunch of this is Billicks fault. We have waaayy too much talent to have this crummy of a team. The playoffs are already out of reach. Lets lose out and get the #1 pick... I'm getting ready to order my number 11 Raven's jersey ;-)

Actually, his press conference was pretty humble and realistic for BB.... SUCKED sure wasnt a word I expected for his assessment of the 1st half... I was waiting for his coined phrases... they didnt come.. he didnt even give Boller the nod for next season .. I think change is eminent!

Sometimes too much talent is also a sign of too many ego's... I think BB has his share of the blame.. but I also believe that there is a lot of turmoil on this team that many of us are not privy to hearing about that has created quite a stir... a friend of mine has a very high up "source" that has shared some information that eventually has leaked out and been confirmed... the Ravens lockerroom and chemistry is FUBAR....

I personally think BB is a good coach.. I think he has lost his effectiveness with this group of athletes.... I also think that he should be granted time to turn it around before allowing him to walk... who else would you suggest bringing in as a coach?? Not many out there that would be acceptable?! Pitt didnt dump the Chin after the 6-10 season... Shannahan is still in Denver after a few poor seasons...

And.. we have Patrick Johnson donning #11.... wait on that jersey until they drop PJ :)

Can't he switch back to 83 :-b ?

But about Billick's effectiveness, there is no reason for a coach to lose his control of team. So what if there are alot of egos, there is on every team. He has to buy them into the team concept. You play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. It's that simple. If he can't harness all the players together into a team then there is no reason to keep him...
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby SheLovesFootball » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:58 pm

Can't he switch back to 83 :-b ?

butttt what about Daniel Wilcox?!?! :)
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby PACKman1144 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:05 pm

SheLovesFootball wrote:Can't he switch back to 83 :-b ?

butttt what about Daniel Wilcox?!?! :)

Those problems always come about when you carry 328746 tight ends.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SheLovesFootball » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:06 pm

Pack... I hear what you are saying... and that has been something that I have preached to the team I coach.. it aint about the name on the back... needless to say .. I removed the names off the back of the jerseys.. cant do that in the NFL... but somehow BB needs to get through to these 'men"... I think he has lost that ability...

RW... the offense was inept long before Jim Fassel... Billick has been coined the offensive guru... but we have ranked at the bottom of the barrel for way too long... I could have earned that title if I was calling for jump balls to Randy Moss too... again.... I like BB.. I just dont think he is capable of taking this group to the next level... I blame Ozzie as well.. the drafts have been all defensive picks and our offense is deplorable... it will be interesting to see what Boller can do with D. Mase and Heap... the talent is there... the Ravens just need to find a way to tap it!
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby PACKman1144 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:10 pm

Woah that's crazy, a woman coaching football. ;-D

I'm in MD (you are too right?) what team do you coach? might of played them when I played in the CCFL.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SheLovesFootball » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:23 pm

PACKman1144 wrote:Woah that's crazy, a woman coaching football. ;-D

I'm in MD (you are too right?) what team do you coach? might of played them when I played in the CCFL.

Aww hell I wish.. no Girls Lacrosse!!! In MD and the team I coach happens to be the #1 team in the Nation.. I let you try to figure it out!

:)
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby somasoul » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:20 pm

Alright, so my plans have beEn seriously hampered. Much to my disappointment ANthony Wright will be back on the bench this week. No, I'm not saying that the guy is the second coming of Elway or anything but at least the dude can convert 3 and 6. Kyle Boller is totally useless in those situations.

Anyway, without much ado here is my revamped plan of attack against the Panthers or Saints or Packers or whoever we are playing this week...........

STAY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!

I kid, I kid.

Okay.

Kyle Boller: Okay, the kid Quarterback is back and Jack Del-Rio is shaking in his boots. I even heard he wet himself when he found out Boller was playing. BillICk himself told me this so I know I can trust it.

We can seriously win this game, all we have to do is........oh, who the fuck am I kidding.........we don't have a shot in hell. Bryan Leftwich played with a broken scrotum or something back in college! Did you see that? Kyle Boller hits the bench when he gets Athletes foot or when his Jersey gets muddy (Which is gonna be often this week). So my advice to Kyle is to go get a life insurance policy.

Kordell Stewart: Well Kordell is gonna be home cause he is gonna get released. So, Kordell, good luck, enjoy your life and watch the slaughter begin. Just smile and think "I'm glad it ain't me out there".

Anthony Wright: Everytime Kyle Boller goes three and out I want you to look at Billick and say "Look, I coulda at least got us in the red zone" then mumble "yasummabitch".

Brian Billick: Respond to Anthony by saying "In the red zone? Then what?" Then I suggest laughing like a maniac and maybe going out for a cheeseburger.

Derrick Mason: Okay, we gotta get this guy the ball cause he makes things happen.........like he actually catches the ball. Is this the only guy on the offense that seems to give a flying crud anymore or is it me? Derrick Mason still looks like he wants to win and play hard. Maybe we should put him on our defense, he'd get along good with those guys. In the meantime I'm shocked he hasn't quit and gotten a job selling life insurance (Hey Derrick, I know someone who needs life insurance. On Sunday just look at the guy who was about to throw you the ball but is now currently sprawled underneath of 700 pounds of manflesh and sweat. You owe me buddy!!!!)

The Defense: Hey, how many times does Will Demps have to get a turnover this season only to have recalled for a penelty? Why the hell is our free agent safety in on half the run tackles?!?!?! With Ed Reed out and Ray Lewis gone and Ed Hartwell on IR (in Atlanta) does Will Demps have to do everything?!?!?! Comeon', catch the ball, get a turnover! We need you guys!!!!

Anyway, so we are screwed. Thank God for beer which takes away my shame and helps me forget these painful moments each week.
somasoul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:54 pm

SheLovesFootball wrote:RW... the offense was inept long before Jim Fassel... Billick has been coined the offensive guru... but we have ranked at the bottom of the barrel for way too long... I could have earned that title if I was calling for jump balls to Randy Moss too... again.... I like BB.. I just dont think he is capable of taking this group to the next level... I blame Ozzie as well.. the drafts have been all defensive picks and our offense is deplorable... it will be interesting to see what Boller can do with D. Mase and Heap... the talent is there... the Ravens just need to find a way to tap it!

True, from the start, this has been a very dismal O squad with a big play D driving the wins. My fossil observation is that billick brought him first as an Offensive consultant and now as O coord with the idea that his Offensive genius would catapult this O into a winning season of balanced football. Which hasn't happened and now you're stuck with the clown. I fully agree that Ozzie needs to step up and start drafting quality O players and let the D mature as a unit before bringing in additions. This isn't saying they draft all O players but a more balanced draft would seem to be a better option at this point. I think Marcus Vick could turn this ship around. yeah that's right I said it.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baltimore Ravens