Eyes Glued to the Colts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

Eyes Glued to the Colts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby black_hawk8888 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:33 am

Fun game to watch - I bet nobody comes that close to the full-strength Colts the rest of the year.

We need to pound the Ravens and Steelers now. Jacksonville is locking up a WC and we will be hard pressed to stay ahead of San Diego and KC.......
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby dave416 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:55 am

black_hawk8888 wrote:Fun game to watch - I bet nobody comes that close to the full-strength Colts the rest of the year.

We need to pound the Ravens and Steelers now. Jacksonville is locking up a WC and we will be hard pressed to stay ahead of San Diego and KC.......

It will be interesting, both San Diego and KC have very tough schedules the rest of the way.

If you look at our last six:

Games they "should" win:
Baltimore
Cleveland
at Detroit (could be tough)
Buffalo

Games we "should" lose:
at Pittsburgh
at KC

That would put us at 11-5, and you would think that it would be enough....

Could the KC game on week 17 be a showdown for the last spot?
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby jayday » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:51 pm

fantastic game by our o-line....i think 1 sack? against freeney, mathis and co. that is impressive....

our offense overall was impressive against one of the top ranked D's this year....

however i was disappointed w/ our secondary...they are better than what they showed yesterday....

bring on the ravens }:-)
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:42 pm

I think they could be able to beat KC. Their Pass D is horrible and should be able to be torn up by Palmer and Co. I think their only tough game left is Pitt. If Ben doesn't get any worse as far as the injury goes, it'll be a tough game. 12-4 I say with a 40% chance of 13-3.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby black_hawk8888 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:53 pm

At least we didn't lay down like we did against Pittsburgh. We will have a lot more confidence and I like our chances against the Steel Curtain next month.....
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby benjapage » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:38 pm

for the last two weeks, i'd been praying we'd go aggressive on offense but conservative on defense.

unfortunately, our defense was out of control, and repeatedly got burnt for overpursuing and trying to get cute/clever. tory james (sorry to keep harping) is the standard-bearer for this approach. it is fine for the secondary to swing for the fences against kyle boller next week; play aggressive, sure! but not against manning, come ON...the pick at the end of the half was nice, but frankly, i'd rather have locked down a few of those 3rd down conversions.

at no point did i get the feeling that the colts would fail to convert. that's just bad.

and as much as i try to pry my mind away from the image of ohalete just standing there trying to rip the ball out of dallas clark's clutches, only to be torched for another 40 yards, i CAN'T. it's indelibly scalded into my psyche.

if the carson and chad are correct in that the bengals will face the colts again in the playoffs, i hope they learn this lesson.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DUKE » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:52 am

benjapage wrote:for the last two weeks, i'd been praying we'd go aggressive on offense but conservative on defense.

unfortunately, our defense was out of control, and repeatedly got burnt for overpursuing and trying to get cute/clever. tory james (sorry to keep harping) is the standard-bearer for this approach. it is fine for the secondary to swing for the fences against kyle boller next week; play aggressive, sure! but not against manning, come ON...the pick at the end of the half was nice, but frankly, i'd rather have locked down a few of those 3rd down conversions.

at no point did i get the feeling that the colts would fail to convert. that's just bad.

and as much as i try to pry my mind away from the image of ohalete just standing there trying to rip the ball out of dallas clark's clutches, only to be torched for another 40 yards, i CAN'T. it's indelibly scalded into my psyche.

if the carson and chad are correct in that the bengals will face the colts again in the playoffs, i hope they learn this lesson.

b

I pretty much have to agree with all of this. We again missed on some tackles again (Ohalate). I feel that we should've jammed a bit more at the line, rather than try to fool the most cerebral Qb in the game with creative coverages and looks. We also are obviously missing Madieu badly. This defense, despite it's tendencies to give up big plays, thrives on QB mistakes, and Manning simply doesn't make many of them. I hope this game can serve as a good learning experience for the club, because to take it to the next level, this team needs to step it up in games of this magnitude.
Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but I wasn't a big fan of the 4th and 1 call when we ran the sweep.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby benjapage » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:56 am

DUKE wrote:Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but I wasn't a big fan of the 4th and 1 call when we ran the sweep.

well, yeah...!? even without 20/20, you're trying to run a sweep with freeney on the end? mathis coming around from the other side? what ever happened to ramming it up the gut (as we had proven we could do well prior to that)?

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Cincinnati Bengals