Now, which team would pick him up?
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jh2031 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:33 pm

Raiders or the Falcons. I don't know if they'll cut him though.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Atog » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:36 pm

jh2031 wrote:Raiders or the Falcons. I don't know if they'll cut him though.

I don't think there is any chance that they'll cut him. As interesting as Moss-Owens would be in Oakland, I'm not sure if they'd go after him aggresively since Porter isn't too bad.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby onnestabe » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:51 am

I'm not sure about waiver claims and such, but could anyone else see KC picking him up for the rest of the season? They really only have one WR that is worth anything, so he would obviously help. Also, I am thinking this may be Vermeil's last year anyways, so what does he have to lose?
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:21 am

If the Eagles beat the Redskins last night, I think it would be highly likely that they would consider cutting him.... But, with the loss, I think they'll do what they have to to get him back on the field one way or another for the remainder of '05..... And then they'll try to trade him after the season....

If they did give him the boot, I think some of the top bidders would be:

Minnesota - the loss of Moss looms large, and they're going to be looking to rectify that mistake...

Dallas - they have the cap room, and need a wide-out... If Parcell's can deal with Keyshawn, he might think he can reign in TO

Jacksonville - Has cap room, and there's a good chance Jimmy hangs it up after this year

Denver - Has cap room, and there's a good chance Rod hangs it up after this year

San Diego - Has cap space one they dump Rivers, and you can't win championships with a TE as your primary receiver, besides how sick would it be to have TO and LT on one squad?

Oakland - Moss and TO ?!? How sick would that be? The Raiders will buy up any and all of the league's rejects... I'm not sure about their cap space, but if they could swing it, talk about a deadly combo...

Washington - Danny Snyder will buy just about anything that hits the market... The Skins could probably use a receiver with some size to pair with Santana Moss, and if they can move LaVar Arrington and Patrick Ramsey, it'll free up some cap space, too.... (Hell, it's possible the Eagles might trade TO for LaVar straight up if the Eagles don't cut him....)

With all of this said, I seriously doubt the Eagles cut a guy with so much trade value... They'll look to trade him for picks, I'm sure, and some of the teams that might have high enough picks to snag TO in a trade AND might be willing to bring him in would be:

Baltimore - How ironic would that be?

Oakland - Again, how sick would a Moss / TO combo be?

The Saints - whether they're in LA or San Antonio, they could still use someone to replace Joe Horn, who is clearly showing his age....
Last edited by Plindsey88 on Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:25 am

onnestabe wrote:I'm not sure about waiver claims and such, but could anyone else see KC picking him up for the rest of the season? They really only have one WR that is worth anything, so he would obviously help. Also, I am thinking this may be Vermeil's last year anyways, so what does he have to lose?

If given a say in it, Vermeil has too much class to bring in a guy like TO...

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:33 am

i said it in another thread there is no way vermeil or hunt bring TO to KC. we don't have the cap room anyways.

these are the only teams with enough cap room at this point. these figures are under the cap monies

Code: Select all
Jacksonville Jaguars

$10.359 M

Dallas Cowboys

$10.201 M

Minnesota Vikings

$9.8098 M

Arizona Cardinals

$8.725 M

Cleveland Browns

$8.58522 M

Philadelphia Eagles

$8.3963 M

San Diego Chargers

$7.915 M

Indianapolis Colts

$7.855 M

Baltimore Ravens

$7.166 M
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:43 am

logan wrote:i said it in another thread there is no way vermeil or hunt bring TO to KC. we don't have the cap room anyways.

these are the only teams with enough cap room at this point. these figures are under the cap monies

Daniel Snyder proves every off-season, that the salary cap is meant to be broken... Creative accounting can get you through most salary cap restrictions... And every team has at least one overrated and overpayed player that they could consider cutting to bring in TO....

You figure, TO is going to cost you roughly $8 million in salary cap space.... Most teams can come up with that one way or another....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby logan » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:49 am

that's true but us being only 1.4 million or so under the cap makes it a little harder. especially considering we are paying most of that to defensive players ,priest,larry,trent and gonzo. none of which are cutable at this point. that's 7 million we would have to cut somewhere.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:52 am

logan wrote:that's true but us being only 1.4 million or so under the cap makes it a little harder. especially considering we are paying most of that to defensive players ,priest,larry,trent and gonzo. none of which are cutable at this point. that's 7 million we would have to cut somewhere.

I doubt the Eagles cut him... They'll try to trade him after the season...

And the powers that be in KC would never bring in a guy like Owens... With that said, though, Priest Holmes has become expendable if they wanted to....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Football Talk