How Funny Would It Be... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How Funny Would It Be...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby kevinoc81 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:25 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Oakland - Moss and TO ?!? How sick would that be? The Raiders will buy up any and all of the league's rejects... I'm not sure about their cap space, but if they could swing it, talk about a deadly combo...

Moss and TO would not be a good combo. You would have to throw on every down to get them each enough passes to keep them happy. Sick combo on paper.....very unrealistic in real life.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Spedieddie » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:12 pm

Maybe the NFL would agree to give TO to the Saints for the rest of the year as part of their hurricane relief efforts. }:-)
Spedieddie
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Atog » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:49 pm

as much as I'd like to see a player as good as TO in Detroit (which I guess is a possibility with Mooch on the brink of losing his job), I'm not sure if having 5 capable WRs on the same team is a good idea (we already have talent in Rogers, Williams, Williams, Johnson, Vines, and Johnson)
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby onnestabe » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:23 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:I doubt the Eagles cut him... They'll try to trade him after the season...

The problem with trading him is that no team will give a decent offer to the Eagles if they think he will get cut anyway. I think TO is scheduled to make around $7 million next season (with a roster bonus), so it is obvious he won't be an Eagle next season. He must be cut or traded. Also, he will want to renegotiate his contract with the new team.

Other teams know these things, so they will make lowball trade offers for him knowing that they might as well just wait until he is a free agent to give him a new contract. If they trade for TO, they are really just trading for the rights to negotiate a contract with him, and I could see coming to terms being difficult. So you may be giving up a player or draft pick for a holdout situation. There's just too much risk involved with it.

It's kinda like Vermeil's decision to go for the win versus Oakland. They won, so he is a genius. The TO decision will be a sink or swim type of move for the GM/Coach that brings him in. If all works out, he will be praised as a great personnel guy, but if and when TO has another blowup, that GM/Coach may be gone with him.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby deacon » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:14 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:Oakland - Moss and TO ?!? How sick would that be? The Raiders will buy up any and all of the league's rejects... I'm not sure about their cap space, but if they could swing it, talk about a deadly combo...

Moss and TO would not be a good combo. You would have to throw on every down to get them each enough passes to keep them happy. Sick combo on paper.....very unrealistic in real life.

This is very true. The Eagles pass 75% of the time already and TO is 3rd in the league in receptions and he has been complaining all year that they don't get the ball to him enough. TO and Randy would be brawling in the parking lot after the 2nd game.
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:38 pm

deacon wrote:
kevinoc81 wrote:

This is very true. The Eagles pass 75% of the time already and TO is 3rd in the league in receptions and he has been complaining all year that they don't get the ball to him enough. TO and Randy would be brawling in the parking lot after the 2nd game.

That brawl would last precisely 2 seconds before Moss was laid out on the ground.

Somebody suggested Atlanta. Considering how much TO has complained about Jeff Garcia and McNabb can you imagine what he would say with Vick throwing to him? :-°

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby logan » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:41 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:can you imagine what he would say with Vick throwing to him? :-°

or behind him or over him or nowhere near him. :-D
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:56 pm

Yeah, the worst thing that could happen to TO is if he got what he wanted. In Atlanta, his numbers would go down a lot. GB and Indy would have too many targets (next year) to keep him happy.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Football Talk