Morality of "loaning" players (1 week trades)? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Morality of "loaning" players (1 week trades)?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Morality of "loaning" players (1 week trades)?

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:30 am

In my work league, a brother and sister have separate teams. They made a deal for her to trade him Portis for Roy/Heath for this week only because McGahee and SJax were on bye and he didn't have anyone else to start. Then today (Monday morning), the exact same trade happened in reverse. To be fair, the sister did end up using Heath but had McMichael as well, so she definitely didn't need either player.

Do you think this sort of pre-planned, one week trade is fair? Would I be better off trying to forbid it in the future (the commish's dad and granddad are in the league too)? Or should I just add it to my "fair tactics" list for future consideration?
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:42 am

It's collusion... Two teams working together is by definition collusion, and it's strictly forbidden in any league I will get involved in.... I wouldn't allow it in any of the leagues I run, and I wouldn't participate in any leagues run by someone else where it was allowed...

:-t Bad form.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Keyser_WV » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:45 am

Plindsey88 wrote:It's collusion... Two teams working together is by definition collusion, and it's strictly forbidden in any league I will get involved in.... I wouldn't allow it in any of the leagues I run, and I wouldn't participate in any leagues run by someone else where it was allowed...

:-t Bad form.

Agree 100%.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:49 am

Strongly opposed to it as well.

Putting it simply, it's crap.

I wouldn't allow them to trade the players back in this case. They are bending the rules and it's not fair to the other people in the league. :-t
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:00 am

No way should the be "allowed" to trade players back just because the brother needed a "loan". Too bad it seems to be a "family affai" in your league, but I'd definitely raise a stink!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:06 am

Way too many relations in this league for my taste. Offend one, offend all, and standing up for yourself and telling them this isn't right might do just that. I'd smile, enjoy as best I can, and not play next year if I were you.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:07 am

Ive come across family leagues in the past - my advice is to stay away from them in the future. You dont want to make a big deal out of it since chances are you will be made out to be the bad guy somehow, just give some excuse as to why you wont be back next yr and move on.

I agree with Plindsey and the rest - this sort of thing is the definition of collusion and therefore it is cheating.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby dream_017 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:12 am

1 less league to participate in next year

1 week family trades = :-t
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:33 pm

I guess this type of things is happening in a lot of leagues, because I've seen the same question in other threads.

It is collusion and collusion isn't ethical or fair. 1-week trades may be hard to identify until after the fact, but the owners who try to pull one off should be put on notice that the conduct will not be tolerated.

If 1-week trades happen and are not punished or reprimended, then the league suffers.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:37 pm

This is something that should be clearly defined in the rulebooks as not being allowed next season.

A suitable punishment may be preventing the teams from swapping their players back. Repeat attempts by an owner(s) should result in forfieting thier entry fee and them being booted from the league.

It's collusion, so whatever punishment fits that crime should be enforced.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner