Morality of "loaning" players (1 week trades)? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Morality of "loaning" players (1 week trades)?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby danleroi22 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:50 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:It's collusion... Two teams working together is by definition collusion, and it's strictly forbidden in any league I will get involved in.... I wouldn't allow it in any of the leagues I run, and I wouldn't participate in any leagues run by someone else where it was allowed...

:-t Bad form.

Agree 100%.

Strongly agree with this as well.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:01 pm

Main Entry: col·lu·sion
Pronunciation: k&-'lü-zh&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin collusion-, collusio, from colludere
: secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose

There should be some punishment, though I've never seen anyone punished. Mayby veto this trade and any other trade they try to make. Revoke their trade abilities.

And even though the last trade went through, it's still terribly lopsided toward the guy getting Portis.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:09 pm

That's pretty much unethical.
Meanwhile, if someone tried to pull something like that on me, I'd backstab them by declining the re-trade. Profit ;-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby knapplc » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:18 pm

Simply make a rule that a player involved in a trade cannot be traded back to the original team for one calendar year (if it's a keeper league), or for the rest of the season if it's a redraft league.

This is relatively simple to get around with some proactive rules.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:31 pm

knapplc wrote:Simply make a rule that a player involved in a trade cannot be traded back to the original team for one calendar year (if it's a keeper league), or for the rest of the season if it's a redraft league.

This is relatively simple to get around with some proactive rules.

That rule sucks... There are cases where you trade a player and then trade them back that are not collusion....

Case in point....

I traded Thomas Jones during one of my drafts for some scrub draft picks, never realizing he would amount to much this year.... Then, a few weeks ago, I traded Marvin Harrison in order to get him back.... Both trades were legitimate, and neither one was collusionary....

If you put a rule like you are talking about in place, then these types of moves would be forbidden, and I don't think that's fair, either....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:01 pm

yea...plain and simple, it was definitely unethical and should NOT be allowed....make your case why, but dont start a family feud that will ruin the holidays over it....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Previous

Return to Football Talk