FA Pick-Ups in Yahoo? Is this shady? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FA Pick-Ups in Yahoo? Is this shady?

Moderator: Football Moderators

FA Pick-Ups in Yahoo? Is this shady?

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:57 am

Our Commish disabled the Waiver function in our league because on Tuesday, the person in last place gets to pick first, etc. No one is supposed to be able to pick up players after the start of the first game on Sunday morning, so our rosters are essentially locked. Yesterday at 2:45 pm, a guy in our league dropped Kaeding and picked up Elam. He also has Cincy's kicker Graham, so he needed a kicker for next week since both Kaeding and Graham were on bye. A bunch of us are crying foul because you're not supposed to pick up anyone after the games have already started. He justifies it because Elam was on bye and you can pick up anyone until the week they play. Is this shady or is this just a glitch in the rules that I'm not aware of?
Last edited by footballchick23 on Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:04 pm

we have basicly the same premise in a league i run. as i'm not sure how your rules are worded i'm not sure. mine state that no transactions are to be made after gametime sunday till 8 pm wednesday. doesn't matter if they are on bye or not. so depending on your rules i would say that that is an illiegal move.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:45 pm

Thanks for the reply! I just don't think there is any difference between picking up players on bye weeks as opposed to regular players. I'm definitely going to check out the rules on this one.
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby logan » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:51 pm

i never put anything in about guys on bye but that's a pretty weak argument whether it's in the rules or not. i wouldn't let it go through.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:56 pm

From Yahoo rules:

"You will be allowed to make transactions involving your bench players at any time during a week – even if a player's game has begun. However, you will not be permitted to activate any player who is already within the five-minute limit. All such players will have to remain on your bench until the following week. "

So anyone playing on Yahoo that thinks they can't make changes to your roster on Sunday (unless it's in your settings, of course) YOU CAN!!!! I still think this is B.S. and have never seen someone do this.
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby logan » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:03 pm

that's why i wrote my own rules for this situation becasue yahoo (standard) will let you do anything at any time. if you have a standing rule outside of yahoo's rules then it still should not stand. i would assume ,as yahoo would not caluculate the waiver positions correctly, that would be the case.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:12 pm

Our Commish is too much of a pu$$ to change it! So let's say hypothetically that I have Ricky Williams or some other #3 or #4 RB on my bench and I see that Gado had a good game and I want to pick him up. Technically, Yahoo's rules state that I can drop my bench player and pick up Gado. This just doesn't seem fair...then what's the point of having a system where the first place team picks off of FA first, and so on?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby zzViper » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:28 pm

I didn't know that was the case on Yahoo, but we moved to NFL.COM this year and all transactions are turned off until Wednesday morning.
zzViper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby shabadoo25 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:45 pm

Completely fair. The early bird gets the worm. Stay home and watch the games and make moves, or go have a life and get outwaivered.
shabadoo25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby logan » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:00 pm

shabadoo25 wrote:Completely fair. The early bird gets the worm. Stay home and watch the games and make moves, or go have a life and get outwaivered.

that isn't the point. the situation is their league has a waiver policy in effect. that means that once games begin no one is to be picked up.

Our Commish disabled the Waiver function in our league because on Tuesday, the person in last place gets to pick first, etc. No one is supposed to be able to pick up players after the start of the first game on Sunday morning, so our rosters are essentially locked.

no one is supposed to be picking up anyone whether yahoo allows it or not. this isn't a yahoo pub league and everyone knew the rules in the first place. it's an illegal move period.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk