FA Pick-Ups in Yahoo? Is this shady? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FA Pick-Ups in Yahoo? Is this shady?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:31 pm

shabadoo25 wrote:Completely fair. The early bird gets the worm. Stay home and watch the games and make moves, or go have a life and get outwaivered.

LOL. I have a life....football.

This is the way Yahoo has always been. You can pick up a player at any time. A player only goes on waivers if he is dropped by another owner. Therefore, Gado would not be on waivers since no one owned him and dropped him. [/list]
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby shabadoo25 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:08 pm

Certainly, no one should work around their own league's rules.

This happened in my coworker league last year. We had no delay in waiver moves so guys would do add/drops with each other at their desks to get around the trade requirements.

Otherwise, Yahoo rules are the same for everyone.
shabadoo25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Matthias » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:41 pm

mostly, i would say this is irrelevant. picking up a bye-week kicker... not a big deal.

it is proper that your league hashes it out to figure out exactly what rules everyone is playing under. and if anything, i would say you guys should think yourselves lucky that it's not over anything really important that sparked the discussion. best of luck with the negotiations.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NorCalChief » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:15 pm

footballchick23 wrote:From Yahoo rules:

"You will be allowed to make transactions involving your bench players at any time during a week – even if a player's game has begun. However, you will not be permitted to activate any player who is already within the five-minute limit. All such players will have to remain on your bench until the following week. "

So anyone playing on Yahoo that thinks they can't make changes to your roster on Sunday (unless it's in your settings, of course) YOU CAN!!!! I still think this is B.S. and have never seen someone do this.

I was matched with the commish yesterday in a yahoo league and checked my starters and his a few minutes before the morning games. I didn’t buy live statracker so I printed out the matchup page to calculate points from stats on NFL.com.

This morning I checked the matchup page for official points and saw he had Finneran in to replace Stalworth (Finneran had a 15 point day, Stalworth 9).

Here is the puzzler – according to the time stamp, he added Finneran as a FA 2 1/2 hours AFTER the Atlanta game started – posted Nov 6 12:29pm - AND got him in his week 9 line up. I made a drop/add this morning and the date/time was correct GMT –8.

So from what I understand, from yahoo rules, he could go around our league rules and add Finneran but not get him in the week 9 lineup. How did that happen?

The other strange thing is that this morning, the matchup had me starting Eric Parker. I have never started Parker.

How much monkey business can a commissioner do??

Thought I'd check here before I make a phone call.
NorCalChief
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:41 pm

Well, the guy dropped Elam because everyone made a big stink...he claimed "he didn't know what time it was" when he picked Elam up. Then he said he didn't know you couldn't pick up someone on Sunday. This guy plays fantasy football, baseball, and basketball...and while there are some differences, waiver and FA pick-up rules are essentially the same. I know it was just a Kicker, but if we all just sat back and let it go through, who knows what he may have tried to pull next week!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Posse » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:07 pm

NorCalChief wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:From Yahoo rules:

"You will be allowed to make transactions involving your bench players at any time during a week – even if a player's game has begun. However, you will not be permitted to activate any player who is already within the five-minute limit. All such players will have to remain on your bench until the following week. "

So anyone playing on Yahoo that thinks they can't make changes to your roster on Sunday (unless it's in your settings, of course) YOU CAN!!!! I still think this is B.S. and have never seen someone do this.

I was matched with the commish yesterday in a yahoo league and checked my starters and his a few minutes before the morning games. I didn’t buy live statracker so I printed out the matchup page to calculate points from stats on NFL.com.

This morning I checked the matchup page for official points and saw he had Finneran in to replace Stalworth (Finneran had a 15 point day, Stalworth 9).

Here is the puzzler – according to the time stamp, he added Finneran as a FA 2 1/2 hours AFTER the Atlanta game started – posted Nov 6 12:29pm - AND got him in his week 9 line up. I made a drop/add this morning and the date/time was correct GMT –8.

So from what I understand, from yahoo rules, he could go around our league rules and add Finneran but not get him in the week 9 lineup. How did that happen?

The other strange thing is that this morning, the matchup had me starting Eric Parker. I have never started Parker.

How much monkey business can a commissioner do??

Thought I'd check here before I make a phone call.

The commish can add or drop a player on any team for any week and also make line up changes. Only adds or drops are timestamped, not lineup changes.
Posse
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby shabadoo25 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:30 pm

NorCalChief wrote:I didn’t buy live statracker so I printed out the matchup page to calculate points from stats on NFL.com.

Stattracker is $10/season. Dear Lord, how cheap can you get?
shabadoo25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby NorCalChief » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:36 pm

Posse wrote:The commish can add or drop a player on any team for any week and also make line up changes. Only adds or drops are timestamped, not lineup changes.
Thanks for the information.

shabadoo25 wrote:
Stattracker is $10/season. Dear Lord, how cheap can you get?
It's yahoo a ripoff. It’s free on the NFL.com free league.

And yeah, I guess I’m cheap - that's why I joined a "free" fantasy league.
NorCalChief
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby shabadoo25 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:14 am

Sounds like it's free to figure it yourself with a pencil.
shabadoo25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby octagon999 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:39 am

footballchick23 wrote:Well, the guy dropped Elam because everyone made a big stink...he claimed "he didn't know what time it was" when he picked Elam up. Then he said he didn't know you couldn't pick up someone on Sunday. This guy plays fantasy football, baseball, and basketball...and while there are some differences, waiver and FA pick-up rules are essentially the same. I know it was just a Kicker, but if we all just sat back and let it go through, who knows what he may have tried to pull next week!

Exactly right. The rules are the rules. And I assume there is at least some money involved (theoretically of course, not that anyone wagers on foosball) so you need to be even more aware of both technicalities and appearances.

Good luck.
octagon999
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk