FA Pick-Ups in Yahoo? Is this shady? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FA Pick-Ups in Yahoo? Is this shady?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mysticphysh » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:26 pm

NorCalChief wrote:I emailed this to him this mornig

(I'm quoting him in my reply) "In conclusion, I appoligize for the mix up and am currently working on getting it fixed. If you know of a way that I can edit this problem myself, than please let me know and I will fix it ASAP, otherwise I will have to wait for the Comissioner to get back to me."

*, cut the bullshit. YOU are the commissioner.*

Yes, I know a way you can fix it. Go to your commissioner tools and select EDIT ROSTERS. Place Antonio Chatman as a starter for my team and Stallworther for yours for week 9.

After that read the section on Fair Play & Sportsmanship.

and his reply....

what is with all of the hostility man, I actually find it quite rude that you think I cheated. untill you just told me, I had no idea how to even edit the rosters of other teams. Finneran was supposed to be added to the week 10 roster not the week 9 roster. And the commissioner that I am talking about is the Yahoo sports commissioner (the one who sends you all of the notices about trades and stuff and also manages all of the leagues.) Thanks for letting me know how to fix the problem, I will do it today after I get done with classes.

I assumed since he had been in the commissioner tools to edit the points system and the draft order prior to the season, that knew how to edit rosters too.

I find it hard to beleive he didn't know this.

If he doesn't know how to run a league, he shouldn't be running one. It's highly unlikely he "had no idea" and was trying to go through yahoo sports commissoner...like whoever that is would intervene when he has hundred, if not thousands of leagues on yahoo. More likely, you caught him cheating to win a game, and he's pull the old "Aw shucks, I didn't know pa" Opie act.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby NorCalChief » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:46 pm

mysticphysh wrote:If he doesn't know how to run a league, he shouldn't be running one. It's highly unlikely he "had no idea" and was trying to go through yahoo sports commissoner...like whoever that is would intervene when he has hundred, if not thousands of leagues on yahoo. More likely, you caught him cheating to win a game, and he's pull the old "Aw shucks, I didn't know pa" Opie act.

Yeah, I think your comments are right on.

This guy is not stupid and was playing ignorant on the commissioner tools when in fact he was very much familiar with them. That’s embarrassing.

He used the tools “he had no idea of” to make the illegal moves after yahoo settings allowed roster changes. To let you know, he did make the changes back to where they were at the start of play. It’s a good thing a novice like me was there to help him figure it out.

I’d like to thank footballchick23 for her thread and every one who posted. From what I learned in this thread, and others on this forum, I didn’t get screwed by this weasel. I’ll be watching this little biotch like a hawk the rest of this season.
NorCalChief
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby footballchick23 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:10 pm

Glad you got things straightened out NorCal Chief....it sucks when people cheat or make shady moves in Fantasy Football. It's even worse when it's a commish or someone that knows the rules, but plays ignorant. I guess it's up to the rest of us "moral" folk to keep those guys in check! Good luck with your season!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby NorCalChief » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:55 pm

footballchick23 wrote: Good luck with your season!

Thanks, same to you. ;-D
NorCalChief
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk