Owens Out for Season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Owens Out for Season

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby john333 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:41 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
I have no doubt that Danny Snyder will make a play for TO....

I think you're right man.

But is that really a bad thing?

My buddy and I were just talking about this for like the past hour, think about it.

First of all, it's Dan Snyder. It would be a typical Dan Snyder move to go after a guy like Terrell Owens. He's got the money, so why the hell not?

We may not have a ton of cap room, but with all the stuff Owens has been up to in the past few months damages his value significantly. Before this whole controversy, TO was worth all the money and would have been way to expensive for us. We could easily fit him under our cap.

Then,

Our coach is Joe Gibbs. He worked with players like this (maybe not this extreme) in his first tenure here and it worked out. He's also Tony Stewart's boss. I don't watch NASCAR, but based on everything I've seen on ESPN, Tony Stewart is to NASCAR what Terrell Owens is to the NFL.

If,

we acquired him, teams would be forced to double up on Terrell Owens, the best receiver in the league. Guess who this would leave in single coverage? Santana Moss. It appears impossible to stop Santana in single coverage. As an added bonus, it will finally give Clinton Portis some room to run.

Plus

He could give us all the secrets and audibles the Eagles use on offense. We would dominate them the entire next season (maybe).

Trust me, if he gets cut or dropped, this WILL be discussed in depth by the Redskins organization. I would not be surprised at all to see TO in a Redskins jersey next year.
john333
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:42 pm

problem with that is if another wr gets a bigger contract. It is a spiral.

Actually, I think a reggie wayne would be a good fit. I'd be happy with the two reggies, lewis and pinkston.

It is pretty clear that for all his numerous faults, pinkston did open up the field a bit. the eagles never throw long this yea.r
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby fantasizing » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:48 pm

This is an absolute tragedy because TO is the best reciever in the game. Not R. Moss, not M. Harrison, not C. Johson. Terrell Owens. He is the most electrifying reciever in the game and everyone watches the NFL highlights on sunday night just to see TO's latest touchdown play.

I don't understand why he put himself into this situation. I just don't get it. He could have broken NFL records this season. It's a shame. A real shame. He's a crazy man for things he says, and deserves punishment, but why? why put yourself out of the NFL where you can absolutely dominate.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mystykoekaki » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:52 pm

Just got some mad respect for you Andy, dont take that crap no longer!
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:57 pm

john333 wrote:Our coach is Joe Gibbs. He worked with players like this (maybe not this extreme) in his first tenure here and it worked out. He's also Tony Stewart's boss. I don't watch NASCAR, but based on everything I've seen on ESPN, Tony Stewart is to NASCAR what Terrell Owens is to the NFL.

Close, except that when Stewart got older, he got more mature. Owens is going the other direction. I don't know Owens could be happy there without a top flight QB, and Moss stealing the spotlight away from him.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby MrHokeyPokey » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:04 pm

TO will be a packer next year.

The Packers front office needs to do something to make favre beleive they have a chance, signing TO and drafting defense would do just that.
MrHokeyPokey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MadScott » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:21 pm

I applaud Andy Reid and the entire Eagles organization for taking a solid stand against this guy. This is about as even handed an organization as there is in the league and I think they showed it today by not taking anymore guff from TO than they should. According to many of the stories, Reid and the Eagles gave TO every avenue back to save face and make amends with his teammates and he chose to spit in their respective faces.

There are two truly sad things about this whole situation. The first is that TO is probably one of the best athletes, at least IMO, that I've seen play the game. His physical attributes are amazing as is his football knowledge. He truly is HOF material. It's really too bad that he can't check the baggage at the door. If he had some true, good friends, one of them should take him aside and help him get some treatment, dude's got issues and deep rooted ones at that that aren't easily going to evaporate or get better with time.

The other truly sad thing is that there will be another team to take a chance on this guy. I question why guys like this get a second chance. They are born with a truly special gift and they go and squander it for?????

Personally, I can think of one place that makes the most sense at this point for him to go and that would to Oakland. We all know Al Davis's history of opening his arms to the unwanted and cast away of the NFL, TO would fit right in. The offense would also be a good fit for him as Collins is a strong armed guy that can get the ball deep. I know there was some scuttlebutt about that in the preseason, perhaps those talks once again heat up after the season is done.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:35 pm

Doctor P wrote:
MrHokeyPokey wrote:Philidelphia Management = idiots.

:-t :-t Andy Reid :-t :-t

When will they figure out that McNabb is the cancer of that team and not T.O. I guess when they see that all their hopes of winning a superbowl just went bye bye for the next decade.

That is just about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. McNabb has done nothing but carry this team on its back to 4 straight NFC Championships; w/out TO. They will be a better team w/out him. TO was dragging this team down w/his antics. I'm happy this situation is resolved, for the most part.

They sure looked awesome without TO last night. Or was TO working voodoo magic on the Eagles? The defense and a lack of a running game was dragging this team down. If the Eagles are smart, they should let McNabb have the surgery. They probably aren't going to make the playoffs now, and I'd rather have a completely healthy and rested McNabb with a refocused team next year. One that you know, uses Brian Westbrook. And they probably need to get a defense and a WR.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:42 pm

They are one game out of the wildcard, and haven't played a divisional opponent at home yet. jeez louis some poeple are doom and gloom.

Personally, I don't think they will make the playoffs. But its not completely absurd. Guiants haven't won on the road yet, and play the Eagles twice still. Dallas has all their divison games awy from this point on.

If the Eagles beat the Boys monday night, they are right back into it. they still have a semi-easy stretch that includes arizona, green bay, st. louis, and division games.

No, they didn't look so hot. But they weren't world-beaters WITH TO this year either. I don't think it is out of the question this team makes the playoffs. They just have to freaking stop somebody, rather than yielding 3rd and 17s.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:45 pm

eaglesrule wrote:Guiants haven't won on the road yet, and play the Eagles twice still.

Giants won on the road yesterday.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk