Owens Out for Season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Owens Out for Season

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The_Dude » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:51 pm

Bowie wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:I have no doubt that Danny Snyder will make a play for TO....

Unfortunately, I think you are right. It will be too easy for an owner like Snyder to think that as long as he gives him big money, TO will be happy (and that might be right).

I was thinking to myself, "who in their right mind would sign this clown?" ... and then, I realized that there was someone.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby packers04 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:58 pm

MrHokeyPokey wrote:TO will be a packer next year.

The Packers front office needs to do something to make favre beleive they have a chance, signing TO and drafting defense would do just that.

not a chance the Packers will sign him or that TO would ever want to play in a city like GB
packers04
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:12 pm

beating up on san fran counts?

point taken, but I think we all know what I meant.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slash » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:16 pm

MrHokeyPokey wrote:TO will be a packer next year.

The Packers front office needs to do something to make favre beleive they have a chance, signing TO and drafting defense would do just that.

ummm NO!

I would assume the pack wants to figure out a RB situation next year. they already have plenty capable recievers. No need for a selfish jackass like TO
slash
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:21 pm

Owens should enjoy the remainder of his career playing alongside Andre Rison in the CFL.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby slash » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:23 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Owens should enjoy the remainder of his career playing alongside Andre Rison in the CFL.

;-D ;-D ;-D
slash
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby speedy27 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:28 pm

is he out for the year now or after 4 games are the Eagles forced to cut him? will another team then scoop him up or will they have to wait till next year?

reason i"m asking is I don"t want to drop him and he sign elsewhere in 4 more weeks!!! 8-o
speedy27
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikey » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:46 am

The_Dude wrote:
Bowie wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:I have no doubt that Danny Snyder will make a play for TO....

Unfortunately, I think you are right. It will be too easy for an owner like Snyder to think that as long as he gives him big money, TO will be happy (and that might be right).

I was thinking to myself, "who in their right mind would sign this clown?" ... and then, I realized that there was someone.

I wouldn't rule this possibility out necessarily, but Snyder has remained fairly quiet since Joe Gibbs's arrival. The Redskins were decidedly inactive this offseason, and my guess is TO is not a Gibbs kind of guy.

That being said, Gibbs did get the most out of another free spirit -- John Riggins.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ampant » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:15 am

mikey wrote:That being said, Gibbs did get the most out of another free spirit

Oh. :-] That's a dainty way of putting it . . free spirited. TO is just a free spirit . . . trolloping along through the daisies. And Bill Romanowski was energetic. ;-7
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:14 am

speedy27 wrote:is he out for the year now or after 4 games are the Eagles forced to cut him? will another team then scoop him up or will they have to wait till next year?

reason i"m asking is I don"t want to drop him and he sign elsewhere in 4 more weeks!!! 8-o

I assume this is just like Keyshawn 2 years ago where TB deactived him the rest of the year for basically the same reason. However, I would like opinions also if there is even the slightest possibility that the Eagles would cut him (they can't trade him) because in my main league his owner dropped him. I'd have to give up a valuable streaming spot to get him.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk