How bout 'Zona? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

How bout 'Zona?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How bout 'Zona?

Postby dave416 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:45 pm

I think we all knew that UCLA was not as good as their 8-0 suggested. But 52-14? To 2-6 Arizona (with an 18 year old QB)?

Credit to Herbstreit form picking Arizona in this game.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:42 am

Agreed. As a UCLA fan I concur they were not as good as their record suggested.

UCLA always looses 1 or 2 games they shouldn't. I mean you look at Zona on paper against terrible teams and they are terrible. But a game like this is easier to get up for because the game gets a ton of pub.

Here is what I'd say if I were AZ coach:
"well guys were a terrible 2-6 and playing a team who has been scraping by all year and is undefeated? We can shock this team and show the nation we are not as bad as when we play horrible teams. Let me ask you kids do you want to go into ASU having a record or 2-8 again knowing that when our Alum chant U OF A the Devils will be chanting TWO AND EIGHT?" THEN LETS WIN THIS THING!

UCLA got trounced. Deservingly so to. I was still a bit skeptical of their program and knew it was coming. They could easily be 5-4 and don't beat unranked teams badly enough like SC and TX.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: How bout 'Zona?

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:10 pm

dave416 wrote:I think we all knew that UCLA was not as good as their 8-0 suggested. But 52-14? To 2-6 Arizona (with an 18 year old QB)?

Kudos to me to then. Maybe since I live in AZ I saw this coming more than others. With this new QB, the AZ offense has definitely been coming around, their D has been stout, and of course we all knew that UCLA was a smoke and mirrors team. AZ is for real now. Too bad for them that they couldnt have started the season this way. They wont be as good as USC, but expect them to be a ranked or close to ranked team next year.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Re: How bout 'Zona?

Postby VaderFin » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:31 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:
dave416 wrote:I think we all knew that UCLA was not as good as their 8-0 suggested. But 52-14? To 2-6 Arizona (with an 18 year old QB)?

Kudos to me to then. Maybe since I live in AZ I saw this coming more than others. With this new QB, the AZ offense has definitely been coming around, their D has been stout, and of course we all knew that UCLA was a smoke and mirrors team. AZ is for real now. Too bad for them that they couldnt have started the season this way. They wont be as good as USC, but expect them to be a ranked or close to ranked team next year.

AZ Stoopes 1-0, OU Stoopes 0-1 this year vs. UCLA. Who would have thunk it.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cards24 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:21 pm

UofA sucks... always has always will (in football), UCLA just had a bad day B-)
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:31 am

Cards24 wrote:UofA sucks... always has always will (in football), UCLA just had a bad day B-)

I'm not a fan of either, but since I live here, I know that no Sundevil fan could ever saying anything positive about UA. I'm not saying that they're world beaters, but right now they're a step or two ahead of Keotter and ASU.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:01 am

HskrPwr13 wrote:
Cards24 wrote:UofA sucks... always has always will (in football), UCLA just had a bad day B-)

I'm not a fan of either, but since I live here, I know that no Sundevil fan could ever saying anything positive about UA. I'm not saying that they're world beaters, but right now they're a step or two ahead of Keotter and ASU.

Agreed. ASU is going down hill. And Zona is on a high with their new young QB and couple of wins in a row.

I think Zona comes down to Tempe and owns them this year to make it 2 in a row. Sparky won't be doing many push ups.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cards24 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:45 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:

Agreed. ASU is going down hill. And Zona is on a high with their new young QB and couple of wins in a row.

I think Zona comes down to Tempe and owns them this year to make it 2 in a row. Sparky won't be doing many push ups.

I am smelling a college PBC!!! Let me know who is in for the Nov 25th game (please make sure you read the cafe's PBC rules ;-D )

BEAT THE CATS!!!

Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:49 am

Cards24 wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:

I am smelling a college PBC!!! Let me know who is in for the Nov 25th game (please make sure you read the cafe's PBC rules ;-D )

BEAT THE CATS!!!

I believe in what I just said so I'm in for U of A.
Cowboys 4 life

Postby dave416 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:27 pm

And they follow it up with a 38-14 loss to 1-win Washington at home. This Arizona team looks to be an enigma.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Next

Return to College Football