The Red Zone - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Red Zone

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Red Zone

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:48 am

Is anyone else getting irritated with the NFL channel's The Red Zone for covering up the stats to do up to the minute press conferences? This is supposed to be about the stats, not listening to Mike Tice explain just why his team sucks so bad. I just watched the game...I KNOW why you suck.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The Red Zone

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:53 am

Sixxgunn wrote:Is anyone else getting irritated with the NFL channel's The Red Zone for covering up the stats to do up to the minute press conferences? This is supposed to be about the stats, not listening to Mike Tice explain just why his team sucks so bad. I just watched the game...I KNOW why you suck.

Not really. Usually by the time they do the press conference you have an idea of what you're players got whether it's the early games or the late games. Not to mention there are plenty other avenues on Gameday to check stats.

I also think mkie tice is annyoing. Maybe that's truly the root of your annoyance.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:04 pm

Except they start the conferences right after the early games, meaning you get nothing for the late games. I'm not good at multi-tasking, so a remote control flipping between games and the stat channel and drinking a beer is about all I can handle. And dammit, I pay for this thing, and I want what is advertised! Maybe you're right, it just might be Tice's fault. !+)
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:09 pm

i agree with you.

sometimes they'll shrink the conference down and show the stats. not sure why they cant just keep the conference shrunk down the whole time. you really only need to hear it, not see it
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby confused_jake » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:40 pm

YEAH! that really pisses me off. luckily i dont have to pay cuz its on regular cable here in buffalo.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby gogogadget » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:00 pm

confused_jake wrote:YEAH! that really pisses me off. luckily i dont have to pay cuz its on regular cable here in buffalo.

wow, thats convenient
"When I know nothing, the possibilities are endless."
gogogadget
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TaturCity34 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:07 am

I'm with you guys

Im more interested in the stats while any game is in progress. Shrink it down or play them at 6:30.
TaturCity34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: Purifying myself in the waters of Lake Bemidji (Northern Minnesota)

Return to General Talk