Goof of Week 2. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Goof of Week 2.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby senseiosin » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:57 am

McNabb = Fantasy Dud in 2003, hell any Eagle for that matter

K. Rob (formally on my team) = Selfish bastard who is getting traded this week for ANYONE! That kind of unchecked behavior wil be a problem all year.

Gannon - the league has figured him out, a' la Kurt Warner. Long LIVE BULGER!!!!!!!

LT - flat out dud on a crap team, trade him now while he still retains some semblance of value.

Surprise this week has to be the Redskins.... 30+ points?!!? I would have never expected that.
The only thing we have to fear is.... another injured Denver RB!!!!!!!!
senseiosin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Offense Intended » Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:30 am

Kordell was so bad wk 1, I give him a carryover goof. Moss gets mention for his reaffirming his "I play when I want to play" stance on ESPN Sunday conversation.
"It's kinda like that J.F.K. thing. They know who did it, they just can't figure out why." -Jason Kidd

"....That's what separates the taxpayers from the professionals." -Jason Kidd
Offense Intended
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Arlo » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:07 am

awwchrist wrote:
Arlo wrote:How about Gonzalez and Heap, who both pulled disappearing acts this week?

i cant speak for heap...however gonzo...well they gotta freaking throw to the guy if hes gonna catch anything.

how you can leave this guy out of your game plan is beyond me.

Good point, aww - I should have pointed to the play selection rather than the TEs themselves...

And love the 'carryover goof'! ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:09 am

I think the Cleveland Brown defense has to at least get a mention here - giving 295 yards to a guy that advertised it beforehand.
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DINO » Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:57 am

I'm going with Price! Two weeks of nothing!
DINO
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Murray » Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:08 am

I'm gonna go with Randy Moss. I don't know what happened in that game, but how Culpepper could throw 214yds and 2 TDs and yet only 27yds to Moss is beyond me.
Murray
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:24 am

Arlo wrote:
awwchrist wrote:
Arlo wrote:How about Gonzalez and Heap, who both pulled disappearing acts this week?

i cant speak for heap...however gonzo...well they gotta freaking throw to the guy if hes gonna catch anything.

how you can leave this guy out of your game plan is beyond me.

Good point, aww - I should have pointed to the play selection rather than the TEs themselves...

And love the 'carryover goof'! ;-D

Gonzo's poor performance ties directly with Trent greens crappy numbers the first couple weeks. He HAS to throw to Gonzo.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby hayesb26 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:24 pm

well when they win by double-digits. you kinda tend to keep on doing whats working for you. and right now the thing thats workin for them in running and passing Holmes.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Pyro Pimp » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:36 pm

Murray wrote:I'm gonna go with Randy Moss. I don't know what happened in that game, but how Culpepper could throw 214yds and 2 TDs and yet only 27yds to Moss is beyond me.

Moss didn't gain me anything either...but with all of the double coverage on him what could you expect. At least the Vikes did a good job of finding other people to get the ball too and still get the job done. ;-D
Pyro Pimp
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BuffaloBevo » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:49 pm

Can't blame Moss. Chicago basically put 3 guys on him all day long, saying that someone else would have to beat them. So Minnesota did just what they needed to for the win, including using Moss as a decoy on key plays. But it was unfortunately just wrong for fantasy owners who had Moss, or even Culpepper if you get passing yards. Run the ball, use up the game clock, then use your superstar as a decoy so you can get two scores ahead by throwing an easy endzone pass to a guy whose hair-do suggests he shouldn't be getting 2 TD catches per game.
BuffaloBevo

Friendliness: %

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk