Where will T.O be next year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where will T.O be next year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby PapaPark » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:54 am

ABC wrote:The arbitratory can not force the Eagles to play him, only active him.

Yep... that's right.

There's a huge possibility he won't play again this year but because of the appeal it leaves open a door.

We'll see...

I wonder if tonight's game will have any impact on what route the Eagles will take.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jean15paul » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:45 pm

PapaPark wrote:ABC and jean.. ya'll are both half right.

The problem is the suspension and then the deactivation. The NFLPA is asking that if you don't plan on playing him after the suspension then at least release him. They no longer have an option of just deactivating him because the suspension is already in effect.

After the suspension T.O. has every right to show up to work. This will cause a problem and everyone knows it.

Also even though the waiver processed is reversed from weak teams to better... there is only one team right now that has expressed interest in T.O. and that is Denver.

I'm really not sure why people are so positive he won't play this again this year.

I understand that they are challenging the suspension followed by deactivation. It's not necessarily true that they no longer have the option of deactivating him because the suspension can be reversed.

This is how it will go. These are your options:

1) The NFLPA loses and the Eagles continue the 4 game suspension followed by the deactivation. Result: TO doesn't play.

2) The NFLPA gets it reduced to a 1 game suspension followed by deactivation. (They have claimed that the 4-game followed by deactivation is excessive.) Result: TO doesn't play.

3) The NFLPA "wins" and Philly cannot suspend then deactivate TO. Philly will probably be given the option to overturn the suspension, pay him for the games, and then deactivate him or to keep the suspension and then activate him. Philly would rather pay him than activate him. So he get's paid to sit at home. Result: TO doesn't play.

4) The NFLPA wins and Philly doesn't get the option to overturn the suspension. They activate TO and give him a bullisht desk job reviewing film for the rest of the season. Result: TO doesn't play.

It comes down to this.
They can't force Philly to play TO, so there is absolutely no way he will play for Philly.
They can't force Philly to release him, and there is absolutely no way they will for 2 reasons. They want to make sure that he doesn't play again this season for anyone (i.e. revenge). And he still has trade value.

I am 100% sure that TO doesn't play again this year. Like I said, I'm covering all bets.
jean15paul
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ampant » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:25 pm

jean15paul wrote: . . .It comes down to this.
They can't force Philly to play TO, so there is absolutely no way he will play for Philly.
They can't force Philly to release him, and there is absolutely no way they will for 2 reasons. They want to make sure that he doesn't play again this season for anyone (i.e. revenge). And he still has trade value.

I am 100% sure that TO doesn't play again this year. Like I said, I'm covering all bets.

Hmm. You make good points. I am holding on to him just in case, and your argument almost makes me want to drop him (but I still don't think I will, just out of paranoia) 8-o
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby TreeRucker » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:22 am

I am gonna make my own educated guess......Seattle Seahawks...even though i like the idea of the Dolphins too
TreeRucker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby evil_monkey » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:19 pm

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis had no comment when asked if the team had any interest in Philadelphia Eagles WR Terrell Owens. "I can't comment on that right now," Lewis said. "I'm not worried about that right now. Terrell Owens is property of the Philadelphia Eagles."

good read

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5086966
evil_monkey
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:32 am

7-11
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby CapitalGoofBall » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:39 am

BTW: Did anyone see TO on "Punked?" I usually dont watch the show, but when I heard that TO was going to be on it. I had to watch. The look on his face when the cop ask for his autograph, because his kid was a Hugh DMAC fan and getting the autograph of the guy who catches DMACs passes was pricless. It was also funny to see him squirm when he thought that he was liable for moving all those old people was great.
CapitalGoofBall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jean15paul » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:31 am

This was reported on Sporting News yesterday. It seem that Randy Moss doesn't think that he and TO could peacefully co-exist.

SportingNews wrote:Moss, Randy, WR - OAK
Nov 16, 10:37am EST

The Raiders are one of the few teams rumored to be interested in Terrell Owens, but the Contra Costa Times reports Moss doubts the two receivers would be able to co-exist on the same team.

Fantasy Source spin: We agree. It's encouraging that Moss seems to be maturing as he gets older. How come T.O. is going backward? Moss is banged up, but unlike certain other star receivers, he has no problem playing through the injuries. Stick with Randy. (Rob Hurtt/TSN)
jean15paul
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby VivaLaBam » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:07 pm

i want him to go to the newengland patriots brady the two time mvp and terrell owens that is some big stuff.
VivaLaBam Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 4_Favre » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:22 pm

In a keeper league, would you argee TO still has good value ?
4_Favre
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk