Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Greg Jones sig

Postby Guru13 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:08 pm

Number1:

not my favorite

number2:

not my favorite

number3:

thats the best one...i think anyways...my sigs just haven't been real good lately for some reason or another, and im trying to get back on track,so,well, the quality suffered alot on these, so, blah, but let me know what you think. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby krackhead » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:18 pm

yea they r preety good
krackhead
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Guru13 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:34 pm

krackhead wrote:yea they r preety good
no there not, man i got to do something to get back on track, my minds been so much on football itself, i cant make sigs for crap right now.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joshyboy72 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:35 pm

The third one is actually really good. sets off the text a lot better than the first two.

Nice job ;-D
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:38 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:The third one is actually really good. sets off the text a lot better than the first two.

Nice job ;-D

I like the 3rd one the best too, hopefully Jones will get a decent ammount of carries this week so we can see what he's made of...nice sig.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby proKrastinate » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:26 pm

i like it too, but it just doesn't seem vivid to me. like your favre sig below, its bright and grabs your attention and rightfully so. the color in your greg jones sig seems to be ... faded so to speak. the jaguar itself looks like you had a poster and put a jaguar sticker on it. perhaps that cuz you had to resize them i dunno.

plus I like a little bit of space in sigs. These don't have that much considering the large pictures of the jaguar and GJ. its hard with the limitations I know, but perhaps if you didnt make the Jaguar so front and center, it would add perceptual depth and space to your sig.

I'm not trying to be the guy thats like "it sucks". I'm just trying to give some constructive criticism. I too think they are good and that the 3rd is the best of the set ;)

I always worry about when trying to give constructive critisism, coming on to hard perhaps or just the receiver taking it the wrong way

:-/
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Guru13 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:14 pm

no, thanks for your input, its largely appreciated, but that favre sig was made by leal, the sig master, but here is some of my other , better stuff:

kinda:

see what i mean by, "trying to get back on track"
o BTW, those are all under cafe limits.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Atog » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:36 pm

I like the third, but I'm not sure about the text.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby proKrastinate » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:55 am

yea I saw that leal made it after I posted, but I decided not to change what I wrote, because I felt it still applied. For instance, I could have said the same thing about your Julius Jones sig. That is my favorite one and its just amazing. It looks exceptional. There you have the second pic of Julius in the back ground, and not up and front center. this to me is my favorite one of those you mentioned, but that might be because it adheres to my tastes. even though you used a lot of grey // whites in the JJ sig, it still has a glow so to speak that draws your attention.

Except for "The Boys of Auburn" it loks like every other sig you made with 2+ pictures has one taking up less sig space than the other. again it just might be my preference, but thats why i like em ;-D
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby leal72 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:46 pm

the 3rd one is the best.

You might try ProK's suggestion of making the Jaguar smaller too place more of the focus on Jones, this will also allow you to icrease the font size a bit.
leal72
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Award-Winning Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests